cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Transformation File

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am building an export file to load data into ECC and I need to provide the data in a specific format.

How can I do the following:

1.  Cost Center to ECC needs to be the combination of the BPC Cost Center and Company code.  For example, costcenter-companycode(6000-1000)

2. Conversion of Account and company codes to ECC equivalent.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In doing the data manager package: Export from Fact table, I have taken the Cost Center "*Str" language out of my transformation file and was able to get the file to process without an issue when I did not use a conversion file for the Entity and Intercompany dimensions.  Once I added the conversions I received the Error in the previous post: .  My transformation file looks like: Index was outside the bounds of the array. I have never come across this error.

My transformation file looks like:

*OPTIONS
FORMAT = DELIMITED
HEADER = YES
DELIMITER = TAB
SKIP = 0
SKIPIF =
VALIDATERECORDS=YES
CREDITPOSITIVE=YES
MAXREJECTCOUNT=
ROUNDAMOUNT=
*MAPPING
Account=Account
AccountDet=AccountDet
AuditTrail=AuditTrail
Category=Category
CostCenter=CostCenter
Entity=Entity
Groups=Groups
Intercompany=Intercompany
Market=Market
Product=Product
ProfitCenter=ProfitCenter
Project_Trncurr=Project_Trncurr
Time=Time
SIGNEDDATA=SIGNEDDATA
*CONVERSION
Entity=NEW_TEST_BACK_ECC.xls!ENTITY
Intercompany=NEW_TEST_BACK_ECC.xls!INTERCOMPANY

My conversion file for Entity and Intercompany(ECC-Trading Partner) is (External is the output and Internal is BPC):

EXTERNALINTERNALFORMULA

All assistance and ideas are welcome.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

your script seems ok, look at this note 1939997 - BPC MS: ERROR: "Index was outside the bounds of the array" when running the import package... if you have a sp between 0 and 8 then it could be your case and you have to upgrade your sp to solve it.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Thank you for your reply. My client is on SP11.  This particular issue is related to exporting from BPC and not importing into BPC.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

please add

OUTPUTHEADER=

OUTPUTDELIMITER=

to your transformation file, think also to start from default export file

*OPTIONS
FORMAT=DELIMITED
HEADER=YES
DELIMITER=
VALIDATERECORDS=NO
ROUNDAMOUNT=7
OUTPUTHEADER=
OUTPUTDELIMITER=

*MAPPING
*CONVERSION

this should work, after add instructions one by one and see if works, same with conversion files, probably the issue is in your conversion files maybe a value in the fact tables not included in conversion.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

This was a great help!  There is one last item.  My transformation file is below.  All of the lines work except the costcenter line.  I do get the results with the "-" however the entity does not get converted.  I have posted an example of the result below as well.  For example, in the ENTITY column you will see "9000" where as in the COSTCENTER column it will still show the BPC dimension name "ELIM01".  Is there a way to have the entity converted when the file combines the costcenter and entity as stated in the costcenter line instructions?

I do not have a conversion in the conversion file for the cost center.

Thank you

*OPTIONS
FORMAT=DELIMITED
HEADER=YES
DELIMITER=
VALIDATERECORDS=NO
ROUNDAMOUNT=7
OUTPUTHEADER=
OUTPUTDELIMITER=
*MAPPING
Account=Account
AccountDet=AccountDet
AuditTrail=AuditTrail
Category=Category
Entity=Entity
CostCenter=CostCenter+*STR(-)+Entity
Groups=Groups
Intercompany=Intercompany
Market=Market
Product=Product
ProfitCenter=ProfitCenter
Project_Trncurr=Project_Trncurr
Time=Time
SIGNEDDATA=SIGNEDDATA

*CONVERSION

Entity=NEW_TEST_BACK_ECC.xls!ENTITY
Intercompany=NEW_TEST_BACK_ECC.xls!INTERCOMPANY

Conversion for Entity:

EXTERNALINTERNAL
ELIM019000
ELIM029001
ELIM039002
ELIM049003

Results:

ACCOUNTACCOUNTDETAUDITTRAILCATEGORYENTITYCOSTCENTERGROUPSINTERCOMPANYMARKETPRODUCTPROFITCENTERPROJECT_TRNCURRTIMECURRENCYSIGNEDDATA
1151000FL99ELIM_AUTOACTUAL9000NO_CC-ELIM01NON_GROUP2000NO_MKTNO_PRODNO_PCNO_PT2015.01USD-2840661.76
1151000FL99ELIM_AUTOACTUAL9000NO_CC-ELIM01NON_GROUP3000NO_MKTNO_PRODNO_PCNO_PT2015.01USD-5430886.2
former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

using "-" as concatenator could cause several issues in BPC because bpc try to think it as minus if entity numeric (9000) then the risk is higher, better to use "_" to concatenate entity and cost center.

CostCenter=COSTCENTER+*STR(_)+ENTITY should work.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

I made the change.  However, the Entity in the CostCenter column is still not converting.  It stays in the BPC format.  Should I be doing something in the conversion file for the CostCenter? If so, then I don't know what it will be since the Entity needs to be converted to the external equivalent.

Thanks

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

can you try renaming the entity as string, e.g "E9000" to see if the numeric value generate the issue?

try also using COL(x) instead name of dimension, e.g. CostCenter=*COL(3)+*STR(_)+*COL(5) and see if works.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I have to ues the *COL(X) for each of the dimensions if I change one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

I figured out what you meant and made the changes that you suggested.  The costcenter line still did not convert the entity portion of the string.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your time with this.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

you never close the threads, remember that is your duty to close these correctly after solved assigning a "correct answer", read please How to close a discussion and why and Are you a responsible person in SCN?

Regards

Roberto

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Kindly provide sample data structure of source and target.

Shrikant 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shrikant,

Thank you for your reply.  I have attached the Transformation and Conversion files that I am working with for the conversion back to ECC.  I need to write the transformation file so that the data from BPC goes back into the format that isin te Conversion file for: ENTITY, COST CENTER,TIME, INTERCOMPANY.

The cost center needs to be a combination of the Cost Center and Entity dimensions in BPC. (See the Cost Center image)

Not all GL accounts will need to be converted, only specific ones will need to be.  I am not sure how to do this when exporting data.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Use D.M package export from fact table and do some changes in transformation file. If you want concatenate the company code and cost center then use below.

use Keyword  "*STR(string)"

CATEGORY=*COL(1)

ACCOUNT=*COL(2)

AUDITTRAIL=*COL(3)

ENTITY=*COL(4)

COSTCENTER=*COL(5)+*STR( - ) +*COL(4)

PROFITCENTER=*COL(6)

CURRENCY=*COL(7)

TIME=*COL(8)

SIGNEDDATA=*COL(9)

For more detail please go through below link.

Data Transformations - SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation - SAP Library

Hope this will solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.  When I do this I receive the error:

In addition, I have to convert the entity to another format using a conversion file. I did not put this into the file yet. I wanted to see if this worked first.

Any ideas?

Thanks