cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import rule set issues when importing sub chain and main chains

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Just started working in CPS from past 1 year.Having good experience and also struggled lot initial days to learn and work on CPS.

I am facing one issue and I hope you all cps expertise's will help me to resolve the issue.

The issue is as follows.

We are having one chain contains sub chains with sequentially and running child chains.

This chain contains one job definition called "SAP_BObj_DataServicesJobRun" and it is having following parameters.

This Job definition is assigned in all the job chains and it's parameters are having different values in different chains.

When we are moving the sub chains individually from one environment to another environment  by import rule set.

We can able to change the values of the parameter in the sub chains.Means the new values are upadating to the new value in the parameter for the job definition using matching and replaces expression for the parameter.please find the attached screen shot.

If we export the main chain (having all sub-chain contains same job definition SAP_BObj_DataServicesJobRun) and if we import through same rule set which we used for single job chain the changes are not appearing in the sub chains even if the expression is matching for the parameter the changes are not reflecting.

We are having around 48 sub chains with same job definition and it is very difficult to manually edit and change the expression on the job definition.

Please let me know is there any option i need to select or any other way to resolve the issue.Appreciate your suggestion for the resolution.

Sorry for my bad english.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zameer,

It looks like you are in the right direction. Based on the values you use, I think you have the two values in the wrong boxes. So the one you want to match (D...) should be in the top (Matches) section, the replacement (P...) should be in the bottom section.

Regards Gerben

0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for your quick response.You always helped lot in cps section.I will check and let you know once i reach office.

Let me know if i select object type "JobChainCall" type,shall i need to add job definition as "SAP_Bobj_DataServicesJobRun" and also can we add other job definitions in single import rule set like (System mail send to replace subject and text according to environment  (In the subject line《SID》+THE JOB NAME) if it fails to identify easily).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for your help the issue is resolved.

I am able to update the values in the all sub chains.

Thanks

Zameer