Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As a RICEF lead, I am support to delegate RICEF with following distribution:

Report: 10 objects

Interface: 12 objects

Convertion : 20 objects

Enahncement : 23objects

CAn anybody guide what should be sequence of development?

I mean which development should take precedence over which object - for example enhancement should be handled first as testing cant proceed without Enhancement like so on.....

Thanks,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just don't know where to begin with this post.  It sums up so many things that are currently broken in our industry...

If you are currently already the RICEF lead, you should know the answer to these questions otherwise you can't lead anyone.  Getting all of your work explained via SCN is NOT leading.  What happens when your team start asking you questions or the customer asks for an update?  Will they have to wait for you to get an answer from SCN?

Alternatively, if you are considering going for a RICEF lead position and this is how you are approaching it, then I can assure you that you probably aren't ready for the post.

I'm actually annoyed at this question, and getting tired of just how often we see this type of thing posted here to SCN.

<Deleted a load of other ranty comments as too annoyed...>

G.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changing you name from SD to Jay D. Do you think we're stupid?

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No,

He just want to entertain us by doing these stuffs.

It would be very great if this guy posts his BIF.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthew Billingham wrote:

Changing you name from SD to Jay D. Do you think we're stupid?

Elude you cannot

This blunt mockery of yours

will invoke Matt's wrath!

😆

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mat,

What do we get by changing the name?

A rose is a rose...no matter what you call it

TW

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juliet:

O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Romeo:

[Aside] Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

Juliet:

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Romeo:

I take thee at thy word:
Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized;
Henceforth I never will be Romeo.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sweeeet...real coffee corner stuff

thanks mat!

tw

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sd,

As this is now in coffee corner, you could do the following:

1. get hold of your team and ask them. say to them that you are a leader who values the opinions of your team. this way you can get an idea

2. if you are a real cow boy and don't give a S***, then ask the client. But paraphrase it cleverly and give them loads of technical jargon (for example this report is complicated, we need to inner join many tables, without the primary key it might affect system performance...but we are analyze production data in detail ) , your goal is to get the information from them (sequence of objects to be built etc.) and confuse them into thinking that you are an experienced consultant.

When you raise points which are very far from the topic people get confused, always show high confidence, as though you know what you are talking about and you have done this a thousand times before

when in doubt, talk bs!

TW

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW, you missed the bit "...at least that's how I do it".

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to my eyes looking at lots of project code... RICEF project manager would typically like to surround themselves with such experts to ensure that nothing changes too much, and in the end reporting is SQ01, interfaces are batch input and enhancements are copy&pasted (bar the hardcoding).

Cheers,

Julius

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may I please give a like to my post. it is so funny

TW

former_member183164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Probably the person who had created this thread, might have put Fake experience to get the Lead position.
A leader doesn`t know how to lead himself, how can he lead others to fulfill the requirement!.

RIP !

former_member185054
Active Participant
0 Kudos

missing syntax 'Actually I am new to the SAP'...

Former Member
0 Kudos

'Actually I am new to the SAP'...

I think you meant "According to me I am new to SAP"..

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julius,

that is a below the belt blow...yes, this comment is according the me

Typewriter

added you are a rock star! People are discussing about you...so take it positively and press on - help others, get help, learn more, participate in SCN.......

You can still chose to you anything in English. Everybody(especially the client) know it is not about "English" it is about SAP, it is about solving business issues/needs...we are not in an English class or play in Romeo and Juliet

Take care,

Typewriter

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sanjay,

If you aren't sure about the sequence, then go to some experienced functional analysts, of the module these objects need to be developed, they will guide you. In other words, put this question back to the functional folks.

After discussing, understanding, working hard to get clarity over each object, ...ultimately play the cowboy and get to work. Yes, somethings might go wrong...but you will know during UT or UAT...so keep working and keep learning

TW

TanmayVerma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am really surprised that this post hasn't been deleted yet. How can a RICEF lead ask such a question ?

Conversions are part of cutover and not realisation phase ..

When did this happened ?

~tanmay

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanmay Verma wrote:

I am really surprised that this post hasn't been deleted yet. How can a RICEF lead ask such a question ?

I've been wondering the same, but I guess technically the post does not violate SCN ROE. Although I would probably move it to Coffee Corner where it belongs.

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I always tell my daughter that you can learn as much from people who are bad examples as those that are good examples. Knowing what not to do is as important as knowing what to do.

This is a "learning opportunity".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extra points to Graham - sometimes I decide to leave threads like this so everyone can (hopefully - often not) learn a little.

The problem is often that the people who need to learn are mostly oblivious...

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Giving enough rope to hangs oneself....

Changing names doesn't help, since the member's page still has his full name on it. But there's at least seven people with the same name, so I think he's safe.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good idea. I've moved it now. Perhaps it's of interest that the OP ignored moderator instruction - I rejected the first time he tried to post the same subject.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leaders should lead, not follow.

Are you really at ease following suggestions by people on a subject you have no knowledge about and when you probably lack the necessary skills to figure out if any of those suggestions even make any sense?

You could be leading people in the wrong direction and then you are the blame, your name gets shamed and you will have a rough time in this harsh business.

Either pay up and take some courses on the subject to try at least not to fail or preferrably by a long way find a way to get out of this assignment without loosing too much face, an assignment where you clearly are not at all qualified for.

Cheers, Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what he meant is that he is the project manager, not the leader..  🙂

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Julius,

I think it is a lot safer to not assume anything at all about this person.

I did notice that he changed his user id. Let's just hope that the project that he is involved with doesn't go awry.

Cheers, Rob.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For one thing this guy might be feeling very lucky.

and i.e. "Not disclosing his true identity"

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh boy... As the song Milkshake (NSFW) puts it so eloquently: "I could teach you but I'd have to charge".

dairolozano
Contributor
0 Kudos

I couldn't say it better Jelena.  You rock !! hehehe

former_member185054
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

According to me we need to do Enhancement(User-exit,BADI), Interface(ALE/IDOC), conversion(BDC/,BAPI) and at last report(ALV/SMART FORM).

Regards,

sampath kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear R Sampath Kumar,

Would you kindly justify the sequence you have suggested logically?

former_member185054
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi sanjay,

i just gave the meaning of RICEF,its all depends on the functionality.post this question in SD you may get more information.

According to me last always be report as it just showing output it may be ALV reports or Smartforms or Adobe forms. remaining all it depends on the functionality.

Enhancement is adding functionality to standard objects.so it can be done first.

interface is data coming from legacy system to sap. if it depends on the enhancement it should be done after that, if not then no issues on priority. and conversion is posting data into tables.

Regards,

sampath kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear R Sampath,

Thanks for replying..

according to me conversion will come at last as conversions are part of cutover and not realisation phase....I am still not logically clear on what will be sequence of Interface, Report, Forms.....