cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while calling the entity set in SMP 3.0 SP07(via IGW)

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i followed the document

Let me first explain how my landscape look like

1)Front Server (GW_CORE,IWBEP,IWFND)

2)Backend ECC 6.0

i.e we have a HUB Deployment.

>> I have created an odata service in Frontend where it internally calls the an RFC Function in Backend

>>As i stated above  my service implementation is done in Front End Server.

In Step 5 of the above document i have given the Names space as SAP because my service resides in sap/opu/odata/sap (But in the document example its a flight sample where service is under iwbep namespace)

In Step 9 while integration and deploy i have done the same 'SAP' as the namespace.

After following every step and successfully execuitng it,i opened the 'Service Document' with below screen shots

I was successful in viewing every Collectin within the service.But when in did a Query operation by appending the the entity set with the URl it threw below error.

Pls help me with a solution ..... or guide me in a proper direction.

NB:I getting the result while execute the OData URL Directly.

Regards,

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bjoernw
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

so if I understood things correctly, you have built an OData service on your SAP Gateway hub server, reading data via RFC connection from different other SAP backend systems.

First question:

Do you need to do this? Are the other backend systems too old to have the SAP Gateway backend enablement installed? If this is not the case, it would be advisable to build the service directly in the backend systems. Then you could connect to these systems like you are trying to do using the Integration Gateway in SMP. Then you could get rid of the extra Gateway hub installation and save the operating cost for an additional server.

So let's assume you need to stick with your current setup. Then you have two options:

Option 1: You don't need to integrate your OData service with other data sources (like JDBC, REST, JPA, SOAP)

If  this is the case, then your best option would be to directly register the OData service coming from your SAP Gateway hub as backend URL in an application in your SMP Admin cockpit.

Option 2: You need to integrate your OData service with other data sources (like JDBC, REST, JPA, SOAP)

In this case you would model the entity sets coming from your SAP Gateway service (coming from the hub), as well as the entity sets coming from the other data sources in eclipse with the SAP Mobile Platform tools.

Then you would need to treat the SAP Gateway service coming from the Hub as REST data source NOT as ODC data source. The ODC data source is only used for services registered under the iwbep node. You can find more information on working with the REST data source here:

For the other entity sets coming from other data sources, you would need to assign these other respective data sources. You can find more information in this tutorial:

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Björn

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern,

I have a little bit confusion.

The ODC data source is only used for services registered under the iwbep node.

From this Document ...i have noted something ...

In tutorial they used ZGWSAMPLE_SRV

But i cud find out that in ES1 sytem the service resides under SAP node.

I dont know whether i am looking at proper node....

anyway i am trying all options that i have and correct me if i am wrong... i am a newbee(days old) to SMP and its too interesting.

Regards,

Vishnu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

The document  that u shared was very resourceful.....that just took away most of my confusions..

IWBEP Exposure:(Let me explain what i understood from the document..correct me if i am wrong)

I understood that my current ZMFW_GR_POLIST_SRV cannot be consumed in SMP IGW because my service implementation is done in HUB and its calling an RFC FM resides in a lower backend.

And i have one more landscape which is HUB Deployment but SAP_GWFND installed in front end(NW 7.4) and backend(IDES NW 7.4)

System Id      Server (This is for your correct understanding of my landscape)

GW1               Front-End

EC1                Backend

According to my understanding service registered in GW1 cannot be consumed as ODC

but if i implement a service in EC1 it can readily consumed(i.e i should register in EC1 )(Since IWBEP component is present in EC1 ).

i.e my Destination URL should be :

https://mybackendsytemsdomain.com:<port>/sap/iwbep?sap-client=<my client id>

right???

I do have yet another concern:

Since in my new lanscape GW1 and EC1 is NW 7.4 they have IWBEP component pre-delivered...

So that even my HUB System can be connected and consumed(If i implement my service in GW1).

would like your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Vishnu

bjoernw
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

it should also be possible to connect to the Gateway hub implementation via ODC, even though I have not tried this. You probably would need to activate the iwbep node in the SICF transaction.

If you want to use the ODC connection, then you are right, the destination always needs to point to https://mybackendsytemsdomain.com:<port>/sap/iwbep?sap-client=<my client id>

Then you can register the service in the gateway cockpit on the the SMP server.

Once this service is working (this is important!), you can start to build your integration / mash up in the SAP Mobile Platform tools in Eclipse.

So you would model the same entity set, and then assign the ODC data source to this service. When you assign the data source, you specify the name of the Gateway service, the namespace as it appears in the Gateway cockpit. Then you can model and assign the remaining entity sets in eclipse.

I am not quite sure at which point you are failing currently, as so many different services were mentioned in this thread.

Kind regards

Björn

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern,

The service 'ZMFW_GR_POLIST_SRV'  that i mentioned in my reply was implemented in a HUB System that internally calls a RFC Function Module that resides in 700 sytem.This was the reason why i couldnt get data in IGW.

But after reading this document

i took another landscape that i mentioned in my previous reply(GW1 and EC1).

Here i connected my GW1 instance(7.4) and registered a Service that calls a function that resides in the same server .i.e GW1.And with gods grace it worked...!!!!!.Thanks to and you guiding me in a proper direction.

Regards,

Vishnu

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that you got the solution finally. Cheers. If your query has been resolved, please close this thread.

Regards,

JK

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishnu,

I has face the same problem, please check Eclipse IDE and create your project with Target Runtime SMP3.0 SP07.

If SMP3.0 SP07 is not available in target Runtime, Please go "Eclipse IDE->Help->check for update" to update the SAP development tools.

Then setup the Data source for EntitySet for your oData project and deploy to the SMP server.

Hope it help.

Regards

Choong

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Choong,

Already my Target runtime is SMP 3.0 SP7

Regards,

Vishnu

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

Thanks for the input......

Most of the backend systems connected are too 700 systems and below that.And we are using the gateway front end system to connect to  multiple backends that runs different NW Versions.

Our requirements is to connect with Data coming from Lotus notes and NW Gateway.So i hope that with your valuable inputs i should go with Option 2.

Let me read all the docs that you have shared and i will update my status ASAP.

Pavel.

According the Basis guy the patch level is 0.Let me clarify it with him once more and let u knw the status.

Regards,

Vishnu

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
According the Basis guy the patch level is 0.Let me clarify it with him once more and let u knw the status.

If you have to access Admin cockpit, you can check it by yourself. (With the latest PL 02 release for SMP server SP07, it is showing correct version details in Admin cockpit as desired.)

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks JK..

My Patch level is 0.

Regards,

Vishnu

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

You reference SMP 3.0 SP07 - just a thought, what patch level are you on? There is Patch 03 available as of few days ago, would be good to test with that.

FYI: I just tried the publically available SAPES1 Netweaver Gateway instance from the tutorial, with a service in SAP namespace, and with the same namespaces as you have it set up, and it worked for me. Specifically I tried ZPRODUCT_SRV service there. Just to confirm, in register service dialog, I saw this service has blank namespace, in Eclipse I used namespace SAP in all dialogs, and it worked. So the same as with your custom service namespace i think.

Kind regards,

Pavel

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

Below is screen for the direct GW Url.

May be i think(I am not sure) SAPES1 is embedded deployment so the FM resides in the same server.

But in my case the FM resides in ECC where my GW Service calls it with RFC Destination.

'(Function call failed; could not find the function Z_MFW_MIGO_UI5_PO_LIST)' I think the IGW searches for the FM in E6P Destination(But ideally the FM resides in the backend).

And i couldnt find any useful logs from stack trace and backend error logs.

I dont know whether i am leading you in a wrong direction ... thats what i think Pavel.

Regards,

Vishnu

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Looping in in case he could share some insights on this particular case.

Thanks,

Pavel

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

I even tried consuming the service having FM in the front end server.its throwed the same error log.

(Function call failed; could not find the function.....)

Regards,

Vishnu

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Just curious, did you check the patch level of your SMP / IGW server? Can you try to upgrade to Patch Level 03 of SMP 3.0 SP07?

Thanks.

Pavel

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Looks like an interesting discussion.

Just to make sure, for creating destination as per step #7 in that blog, you have done it for GW frontend server? What is the namespace do you see for the registered service as highlighted in step #9 ? Is it SAP/IWBEP ?

Looping

Regards,

JK

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

-Yep,Destination i created is for GW Server(HUB)

-While searching 'zmf' in search bar the namespace is empty but after registering it shows SAP in Service Tab of Gateway Cockpit

sicf screenshot attached below,where my service is located.

Regards,

Vishnu

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Would you please share screenshot of registered service and deployed OData service in GW management cockpit?

I believe, entitySet and properties name in OData model entities should have corresponding backend service details. Can you please confirm?

e.g. ItPoHeaderSet

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Deployed:

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you confirm that also?

I believe, entitySet and properties name in OData model entities should have same name as respective  backend service details. Can you please confirm?

e.g. I could see ItPoHeaderSet as one of the entity set so you have an entityset of same name in ZMFW_GR_POLIST... service ? and its properties name should be same

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have attached some screens... hope that wud help..

And the Properties name should be same right??? because they are being imported as per the step 3 of the document..

Regards,

Vishnu

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

its clear now. Just wanted to confirm

I wish i could check at my end but i havent given access to backend system, may take some time.

We have to wait experts to respond. Pinging

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No issues JK.I will try my best to figure it out and would be glad if some supports me ..

Regards,

Vishnu

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

Can u provide me a workaround to consume my OData Service rather than using via IGW

NB:Meanwhile i am trying to figuring it out what went wrong when i consumed via IGW.

Regards,

Vishnu

0 Kudos

@Vishnu Pankajakshan Since your service is already an OData service from GW (and you said earlier that you can get query results from it), you could deploy that service directly in an SMP application and consume that on a mobile front end like iOS/Android/Windows.

Regards,

Aditya

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

In your Eclipse, when you configure the Data Source, can you check that you have it configured as per attached screenshot?

Alternatively, if you do not wish to use IGW, you can just define the ODATA endpoint URL directly in SAP Mobile Platform.

Cheers,
Pavel

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Below is my screen shot for.

1)Configuring Odata Source

2)Searching Service

There is no service while searching but after registering the namespace is 'SAP'.

Regards,

Vishnu

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Just to differentiate the two possible approaches (standard IGW vs. custom ODATA model from Eclipse).

When you delete the registered service and register it directly on IGW (Register, search, ...) again, without using Eclipse at all, would the Query work?

Thanks,

Pavel

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ie...opening service document for zmfwXXXXX..(not CUSTOM) and doing the query operation right???

If that what you asked the result throws with an error bcoz it searches for the function module in the HUB system(that's what my inference is ).

Actually my FM resides in Backend ECC(FM is mapped in to the entity set in SEGW of my Front End Server).

NB:I have mentioned my system landscape in detail in my Parent Question.

Can you please check the screenshots that i shared with JK.Screens that i have shared with u doesnt have much details

Regards,

Vishnu

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Were you able to execute same below URL before deleting custom IGW OData service? No, right?

https://smpserver:8083/gateway/odata/SAP/ZMFWXXXXX;v=1/ItPoHeaderSet

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, i have shared the screens(reply to pavel) when i execute a query on standard service.

Regards,

Vishnu

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Contact system admin error.. is this due to wrong security profile(SAP) creation????

I have ccreated it with No Authentication Option.

Regards,

Vishnu

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

This should not be related to the auth profile, you would get a different error (403) then -  I would hope something relevant will show up in the debug logs though. Can you configure debug logging for IGW and check the Troubleshooting section? As per the procedure below?

Please let is know. All the best.

Pavel

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I did exactly what you said and got the error log.I got the same function call error when i executed the BEP Service ,i got the same error in the Gateway Cockpit.

Regards,

Vishnu

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Ok, I see, this is the same error as with the registered service in the cockpit.So both standard as well as the deployed service behave the same.

I know you mentioned in your original post that your ODATA URL works when invoked directly - but can you retest please?  Just put the full ODATA service URL in the browser. Without the IGW.

Also, in the troubleshooting section above, in the stacktrace and backend error tab, is there something useful there?

Thanks.

Pavel