cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between 'init without data transfer' & 'Use of No data transfer delta status in Source : Fetched' in DTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

While checking delta options in DTP , I have found two similar option for INIT without data transfer in delta DTP .

1. In Extraction tab : Delta Init without data

2. In Execute tab :

Are they both same ?

while executing both DTP with same option , second option(Execute tab- No data transfer : Delta Status in Source : fetched) execute faster.

Please provide some knowledge on the difference between the two.

I have gone through some discussions but could not find any link where the difference between them is discussed.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3535094

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31781

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, two settings mean was same.

But if we set delta init without data settings then we need to transport these settings to across the landscape.

at processing tab settings, we can set them directly at prod without transport changes to do the init without data transfer to set delta pointer at dtp.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raman,

If this is the only difference then we may use any of them,but I tested it in my system and there is some time difference (while executing both DTP with same option , second option(Execute tab- No data transfer : Delta Status in Source : fetched) execute faster.)

Can you please tell me why is this?

Warm regards,

Abhishek

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no difference in these 2 options, they do exactly same thing. You can enable the delta Init without data transfer in production system also directly,  DTP is a modfiable object in all systems. You do not need a transport for that. After your work, you can keep it back to unchecked.

These options are useful, when you are doing a reload,  by deleting the source DSO/cube content,  you wanted to update the reloaded data only to one of it's targets, then for other target you will select either one of these 2 options.

lastly, timing also, you may notice fraction of seconds but technically both should be doing the same thing.

Answers (0)