cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-Press, which books you have bought?

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like any addict read (type A LOT), I'm getting some books today SAP Press, anyone here already has a book, which one (s) is (are) your (s) favorite (s)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my early noob-days I ordered "XML für ABAP Entwickler" by , translates to "XML for ABAP Developers" (methinks it only exists in German, though). The book pretty much filled the hands-on-gap for me in between sap-help, abapdocu and several scn-threads and still is one of my favourites.

Me Before:

Me After:

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a fairly comprehensive collection of SAP Press / Galileo press books of my own, going as far back as one of the SAP Essentials, by Fredric Heinemann called "BSP Extensions: How to master Web reporting with HTMLB", including various Solution Manager, Administration and programming books. I've always encouraged people and organisations I work with to buy them because I know of, and have seen presentations by, many of the Authors and I know how good they are.

However, my favorites...

Hardcopy:

SAP Change and Transport Management

Because it is so dense and complete.

Softcopy:

SAP BusinessObjects BI System Administration

Practical Workflow for SAP

For being useful within minutes of being bought

ABAP to the Future

Because it's funny as well as informative

hth

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My personal favorite is "Managing Custom Code in SAP".

So much about quality and why it is so important to think first

~Florian

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I bought "Managing Custom Code in SAP" too.  I didn't use it so far as my first impression was that it is SolMan focused (which we, unfortunately have no access to). After comment I'll give it another try.

Regarding CRM books I'll second list. An I'd also highly recommend "SAP CRM: Technical Principles and Programmning".

Finally, although a little outdated, "BRFplus: Business Rule Management for ABAP Applications" is also worth a read.

Christian

hardyp180
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am very flattered that everyone likes my book, here are my SAP Press favourites:-

My all time favourite (out of print now) was the so called "egg book" whose real title was "improving the quality of ABAP development". That was in essence a big list of all the bugs and unexpected behaviour you would find in ABAP and how to get round it. And it had an egg on the front.

The practical guide to workflow comes next. I used that a lot in my daily work when my company was building the most complicated all singing, all dancing, supplier invoice workflow in the history of the known universe.

Design Patterns in Object Orientated ABAP by Igor Barbaric. That is a wonderful inst to design patterns!

Cheersy Cheers

Paul

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I admit to a peculiar fondness for Practical Workflow books, but have also bought 'ABAP to the Future' by Paul Hardy, as well as ABAP Objects by Tobias Trapp and Thorsten Franz, and ABAP for SD by Michael Koch.  I have many others, but these stand out on my list of favorites.

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have so many books in the Press, in truth are only 3 (1 physical (ABAP Objects of and 2 digital (ABAP Performance Tuning of Hermann Gahn and ABAP to the Future of ), this latter I have liked enough, he writes a good and funny way, I am in favor of this kind of writing, as in reading what is sought is to relax and engage, books written in a very technical way give me sleep .

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my opinion these books are ok:

• Maximizing SAP General Ledger

• sap erp financials - configuration and design

• Integrating.Materials.Management.with.Financial.Accounting.in.SAP

anyway I prefer SAP Help and SAP IDES material.

all the best erwin

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have only a couple of SAP Press books since I prefer the free content on SCN. But I'd also vote 's ABAP to the Future as favorite for the way it's written.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the SAP Pratical Workflow 3rd edition is a great book .  I also like the SAP Web Client book which was very useful in my day to day work.  The SAP CRM Middlweare Optimization guide which is an older out of print title, also helped in solving quite a bit of problems for me.   If I was limited to only one SAP Press title as my favorite, I guess I would have to choose SAP CRM Technical Principles and Programming, as that book resonates with me on a personal level .

Take care,

Stephen

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I started to read the book ABAP to the Future, it covers lots of cool stuff, even speaking in a simple way, worth every penny of the purchase

P.S.: I'll take a look at his book