cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asp classic is supported SAP Crystal Reports 13??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a application with classic asp using crystal reports 11 and SQL Server 2005 databases must be migrated to Crystal Reports 13 and SQL Server 2012. Crystal reports 13 supports classic asp?

Thank you very much for you assistance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to Legacy SDK forum.

As of CR 2011 there is no SDK distributed or installed with CR Designer. And as of CR XI R2 ( 11.5 ) there is no more classic ASP support, RDC component.

You have to move to CR for Visual Studio 2010 -> 2015 and use ASP.NET with CR .NET Assemblies in a managed app.

For more info look through this forum:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/

And download the SDK components from this page:

Licensing is basically the same...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be crystal clear, this means it is not possible to run version 9 rpt files in Crystal Reports 13 (hosted on Windows 2012)? Even if we rebuild these rpt files with version 13? No chance of it working at all?

0 Kudos

Reports will work fine, The RDC COM report SDK is not supported in any version of VS other than VS 6.

Upgrade to .NET SDK then you'll be supported in all current OS's and use ASP.NET.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

But we will need to load them into a current and supported version of Visual Studio in a development environment, rebuild them with Crystal Reports 13 and put them back on the production server where they would run under ASP classic. We attempted to run them without rebuilding and we get only a grey page in the browser and have burnt lots of time trying to resolve that. This is why I want to confirm the scenario so that we know where to target our trouble shooting. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos

CR 13 is the version of CR for VS, do you mean CR 2013?

As long as you don't use any of the updated features they should work.

Attach one of the old and new report, no data, and I'll have a look at them to see if I can find anything.

DOn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've attached one rpt file (rename to .zip and extract it). The best we can get out of this is the run-time object created but an empty screen displayed and no error thrown. This is a CR 9 prt that is part of an asp classic app we have moved to a Windows Server 2012 host. We eventually expect to migrate the entire app but need it running sooner than full migration will take. If we can not get this to work, our plan B is to create a .NET wrapper for the viewer only and rebuild all the rpt's and launch the viewer in the new wrapper/viewer but there are a lot of reports and we would rather not have to suffer the delay to do this. Thanks for you help!

0 Kudos

I have it... Nothing strange about this report, it's a pretty basic report.

It was saved recently though, not the original version 9 report:

No reason it should not work.

Did you use and test using Fiddler and see if it's reporting anything in the trace logs? It may explain why it's not showing any data.

Other than that as I've noted, Classic RDC ASP app's are not supported on newer Windows OS's. I believe Windows 2008 R2 Server was the last one XI R2 supported.

All I can suggest now is to upgrade to ASP.NET, it will be supported for a long time.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saved this after opening it on my develop machine, sorry I forgot I had done that. On our production I have the original CR 9 file. I think we are looking at doing just that, supporting this on the old versions is not something we want to do very long anyway.

Answers (0)