cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure HCPms to use SAP Cloud IdP for registering users?

jens_glander
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this question is related to a comment I added here already.

I have an HCP Mobile Service (HCPms) connected to my HCP hana.ondemand.com account. My account is configured to use an SAP Cloud Identity Provider (SCI), i.e. has an own users basis. My Mobile Service Cockpit (the admin UI of HCPms) already authenticates only users I defined in my SCI.

Now I developed a SAP Kapsel Logon App (see here) which makes use of my HCPms but the Users which I can register with this Logon App are authenticated according to SAP Identity Provider (== SCN users).

My Question:

What do I have to do so that the users which register via Logon App to my HCPms are based on my SCI instead of SAP IdP?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Jens  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

You might need to make few changes in the trust section of HCP cockpit to get the app authenticated by SAP cloud identity rather than the default SAP Identity service , as specified in the document at SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

Regards

Virinchy

jens_glander
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virinchy,

thanks for your answer.

But I configured this already correctly and I can work successfully with the configured SCI e.g. to authenticate my HTML5 and Java applications. This part has been done.

I like to focus on:

1. I wonder that I can register with security type BASIC SAP IdP related users (i.e. SCN users) but not with my SAP Cloud Identity users. So what is wrong there?
  2. Also, does anybody have a running Kapsel Logon App which makes use of SAML auth (i.e. FORM security type) and uses HCPms? How does the index.html would look like?

I have seen that has written a blog

But that blog explains the SAML with Kapsel story as far as I can see only for the on-premise version of SMP server but I want to have it for the HCPms.

Thanks for more help on this topic.

Best regards,
Jens

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<<does anybody have a running Kapsel Logon App which makes use of SAML auth (i.e. FORM security type) and uses HCPms?

The first half of the appendix covers how to do a SAML registration using the HCPms trial server with the Logon plugin.

Hopefully that is what you are looking for,

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen

jens_glander
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thank you for your answer.

I changed my Kapsel Logon App as you described in your SAML appendix, i.e. added the "auth": [{"type": "saml2.web.post"}], and run my App again.

And for my Trial account this worked as you described. Thank you!

I will check tomorrow if the same works for my hana.ondemand.com account HCPms for which I configured a SAP Cloud IdP (SAML).

Best regards,

Jens

jens_glander
Participant
0 Kudos

Great, I confirmed also that my hana.ondemand.com account HCPms with the SAML configured SAP Cloud IdP works now.

Thanks again Daniel.

Regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Could you obtain the registration context(such as user name) after registration successfully by using SAML?

In my app, I need to use the registration context(such as user name) to deal with some logics. After I registered using SAML by using Kapsel Logon plugin, I cannot get the user name.

Could you give me some advice?

Regards,

Frankie.

Answers (0)