cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to gather statistics on PCM web books usage?

janata
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask a question regarding PCM Web Books (SAP PCM10 SP10.0 for MS):

Is there any way to see which particular books (reports) are opened (or have been opened) by end-users in the PCM model via Web Books?

From "User Monitor", I can see only the username and the model the user is currently logged into. But I don't see the particular book/report user is looking at the moment. At the same time, I can't find any logs with this information (current time or in the past).

We would like to gather some statistics, for example, which books are used more frequently or if there are any books which are not used by the end-users at all. Maybe there are some logs I can use?

Or maybe there is a possibility to create such log (in database/web server)?

Thank you in advance!

Jana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

janata
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got answer from SAP Support.

By product design, PCM doesn't have such a functionnality to gather some statistics to monitor books which are used more/less frequently by the end-users. When End-users encounter errors from the PCM Web books, there would be log files raised in the W3SVC1 and HTTPERR directories beneath C:\WINDOWS\Sytem32\Logfiles\, where you can find the PCM book mame in error.

Anyway, your request is relevant. This is the reason why I suggest you to post your request as an Enhancement on SAP idea place as described in the attached Note 1515837.

The "http://ideas.sap.com" site is dedicated to requests for enhancements to SAP products, with interactivity with other clients (forum) and our Product Group.

Enhancement requests are submitted through this SAP Idea Place forum for PCM. This site is reviewed by our Product Management team frequently. If the request sent by the customer is relevant, makes sense and voted by 10 other customers at minimum, you would be surprised to see your Enhancement request probably accepted by the Product Group.

Please vote in idea place: https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_list.bix?c=516EB5B4-F19C-4616-8D4A-5F7C32580A58

Thank you,

Jana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daulet, you need to re-run PCM Configure and check the top option to "Allow Users to Select from the List of Available Authentication Types".

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you very much.

Can you help me with this issue  - (last post)?

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

thank you for sharing!

We have new PCM project. And now we try to understand general conception.

How did you implement PCM reports? What's webbooks? is it like excel books on web server or no?

How we can use EPM? We need keep reports on webserver and then call it from EPM or no(like BPC)?

Sorry for many questions, but product is rare, difficult to find infromation about, may be you can help me ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daulet

Views (Grids) - Are data selections you make in viewbuilder

Books - Are formatted pages with a title and embedded view(s)

Web Book - A published book on the PCM web server

Reports - PDF version of the books or web books.

To implement the built-in PCM (web) books and reports you have to build views (grids). This is used by the Data Manager in the books. There are good guides here -> SAP Profitability and Cost Management 10.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

Modeling User Guide - For Views (Grids) and (Web) books

Report Manager User Guide - For reports

What's web books? They are formatted views hosted on the PCM web server.  Books can be created and viewed from within Model Builder. However when you publish a book it then you have created a web book version of your book and can be browsed through PCM web login.

PCM can be connected to from EPM 10 add in. You do NOT need to have created views,book, web books (published books) you get dimension data value tables or results tables.

You can connect to PCM from EPM 10 add in using a REST (or also a local connection). For some guidance ->

The EPM 10 add in guide explains how to set up generic connections and build EPM 10 reports. -> http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boeo10/en/EPMofc_10_user_en.pdf

If you need more assistance let me know.

Michael

SAP Profitability and Cost Management Solution Architect

SAP Press Author - PCM Modeling (Ebite)

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/michael-mkpadi-1357557

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks you.

Our users want to use Excel for PCM reporting instead of Book viewer and Web server.

We already did many simplest reports in EPM and save it locally on client machine.

But how we can import those reports in PCM server, after creating report "Save" (and open)  buttons is unavailable:

Example in BPC we login in environment(alike model) and then in EPM menu we open report from server, can we do the same with PCM EPM?

Thanks...

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

can you help me please.

We checked "Make default" checkbox, and now we cannot change connection to another system.

example, now we have:

Must be so:

How to uncheck "Make Default"???

Thanks...