cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA 2.1 ParallelCreationMode ODBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am triying to override the default of using parallelcreation mode.In odbc fine tuning pdf it says that you have to put the parameter of:

ODBCStoreSQLMapper.<ODBC DSN>.OracleParallelClause=PARALLEL(DEGREE 2)

but the help file does not contain which configuration file should I apply to it?

Regards,

Onur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antoine,

Predictive Analytics uses parallelQuery as default when retrive data from database.Which sometimes causes to use all of the cores in database. I would like to restirct creating parallel queries maximum of 10 for instance. "In Odbc Fine Tuning" guide of the predictive analytics 2.1 ,stating that if you use the parameter like below you can achive this feature.

But my question is where should I apply it ?

In KxConfig file or in ODBC settings? I couldn't find the option on odbc settings

ODBCStoreSQLMapper.<ODBC DSN>.OracleParallelClause=PARALLEL(DEGREE 2)

Thank you,

Onur

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Onur,

Here is the useful answer I got from the engineering team.

The file you have to modify depends on your current deployment mode (client/server vs desktop).

If you are in desktop mode, you need to change the file KJWizard.cfg (on my 2.1 desktop installation it is located here: C:\Program Files\SAP Predictive Analytics\Desktop.2.1\Automated\EXE\Clients\KJWizardJNI) and the configuration change will be taken into account next time you start SAP Predictive Analytics.

If you are in client/server mode, you need to change the file named KxCORBA.cfg on the server and the change will be taken into account for the next client connection.

This being said, in both cases, the line that be added to the  file is the same.

ODBCStoreSQLMapper.DatabaseName.OracleParallelCreationMode=PARALLEL (degree N)

Where:

• N is the level of parallelism you want - in your case 10
  • DatabaseName is the name of your Oracle DSN.

Let us know how it goes,

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Antoine ,

Regards,

Onur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Onur,

Can you please give a reference to the help/PDF guide you are using + a little bit more details on what you are trying to achieve here? (so that we can better help you)

Thanks & regards

Antoine