cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inferring values for multiple value characteristics

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have defined characteristic "Extras" as multiple value characteristics. This characteristics can contains multiple values at a time. We are defining variant table to derive values for these characteristics based on variant table. But "Extras" being the multiple value characteristics, its not allowed to be used in dependency procedure.

Can you please let me know, if there is any workaround to infer multiple values for characteristics "Extras" based on variant table.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar Kotlawar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for reply. I want to infer multiple values for characteristic based on variant table.

As per SAP help link "you can only use a table to set one value for a multiple-value characteristic."

I was looking for solution to overcome above limitation.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

You may try this workaround.

Use(create) help characteristics (dummy) in your variant table for each value of the Multiple char.

Create your variant table with above help cstics and assign the values and also assign them to your class.

In your configuration profile write a dependency to get the values from V.table into help cstics.

Write another dependency to assign the help cstics values to Multiple value cstic.

---

Ravikumar B