Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid standard duplication of BP's using BP ID in target groups

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have the below requirement for an automotive industry client where in one BP might have multiple Vehicles assigned to him. So when we try to create a target group using BI Query the business partner segment is getting created. But by standard the duplicate BP's based on BP ID is getting deleted from the profile/target group.

So we need to avoid this duplication check, we want the duplicate business partners also included in the target group because he has multiple vehicles associated with him.

We tried the below alternative 

We created product segments with vehicle as the key field, this gave the desired expectation in the target group creation. But since these are product segments we were not able to make use of this while campaign execution. By standard, campaign execution expects BP segments and not product segments.

So we want BP segments to be created, but we want the BP in association with vehicle combination to be the key field. So if customer A has 3 vehicles AA,BB and CC, then we want the segment to contain the customer A 3 times.

Can we make use of this duplication BADI CRM_MKT_BP_DETERM_EX and exclude the duplication check. Please help if anyone has ever experienced working in a similar requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Siraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj

What will you do with the resulting Target Groups?

I'm trying to understand the full process and what your trying to achieve.

I'm not sure what your attempting is possible due to the nature of the resulting Target Group Tables.

Regards

Arden

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

One of the example would be, we would like to send him a welcome E-Mail.

If Customer A purchased two cars ABC and EDF in the same week, then he should get 2 welcome e-mails with the details specific to the cars. Please note that the e-mail deployments are done in a 3rd party system. We just execute campaigns with this target group and generate a output file template and send his file to 3rd party systems for deployment.

So in this file/target group we need the customer A with both vehicle combination. I hope the information/requirement is clear now.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, understood

I'll ask some challenging questions because I see some challenges in SAP standard behaviour on this.

I'm assuming there are two many cars to choose from to try and manage the Target Group builds by this level of split?

Why not just perform the target group build based on the BW Data and provide that to the 3rd party to process.?

Are you recording a campaign in SAP CRM for these customers. If so is it a separate campaign per car type?

Regards

Arden

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

That would have been very easy for us consultants too

They have been doing this so far, but they were not able to capture any of the responses from 3rd party system. Since the business users does not have access to 3rd party system - they don't have any clue whether the deployments were successful or not. They want to see all that data in CRM to have a central repository with updated status too.

So we use Campaign process to trigger activities while campaign execution and also we are capturing the responses from 3rd party system and updating these activities (in user status profile) to perform campaign effectiveness report.So that all data are in CRM system too.

Regarding your question related to Separate Campaign per model: When we run the query, we usually get the results in 100's and sometimes 1000's of records. We are giving each BP and Vehicle combination data to 3rd party system - so they use this data for email deployments. They email deployments based on model happens in 3rd party system. But we were not able to give this unique combination of BP and model data to them.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj

Well that does make it a challenge.

It may be simpler to use the existing target group build, to identify the unique business partner.

Then in the campaign execution process implement the output Badi to firstly retrieve the relevant model details, for the third party.

Even if you were able to have the duplicates in your target group build, you still actually have the issue on file generation to the third party.

I would recommend then using standard target group build with a custom campaign output process.

Regards

Arden

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Is there a way to have duplicate BP's in the TG build.

The output file generation we are sure on how to enhance it. Only issue we are facing is having duplicate BP's in the TG build. If there is a way to achieve this , then we are fine I guess.

Please let me know if there is a way to achieve having duplicate BP's in a TG.

Thanks,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj

I'm about 95% sure it's not possible as standard

Regards

Arden

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Is there a custom work around or a custom solution that we can implement?

We are checking all possibilities from our side too, but if some support from experts also would help.

Thanks,

Siraj

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

there is no SAP Standard Solution for your requirement. If you want to add duplicate BPs, you need to enhance function module: CRM_MKTTG_TG_I_MAINTAIN_OW which handles the duplicate check.

Regards,

Markus

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the information - we are trying that and hopefully we would be able to solve this issue.

I will keep you posted with the results.

Thanks,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj:

I think you can segment the Customer data using split filter for Vehicle model. In this ways you'll get target groups as many as your vehicle models. You can assign these model specific generated target groups to the Campaign and execute it.

For example, if Customer A has vehicle 111, 222, 333; then this customer will appear in all the three target groups for model 111, 222 and 333 along with Vehicle object information.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Mayur Shah

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

I think you are talking about Product Segmentation.

We do not want to create product segmentation because we can't use it for campaign execution.

Also we are using BI Query as a data source with pre-defined filters in BI. So when we create customer segments in CRM, already the duplicate BP ID's are deleted by standard.

We kind of using a work around as of now - by creating multiple TG's if the same BP occurs more than once using a custom program. But again for ad-hoc or manual modelling of TG we are still facing the issue with duplication entries being deleted.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj:

The Account Vehicle Relationship is maintained in a standard table. If you used this table in your Infoset then the Vehicle filter will be applicable even for the Business Partner segment.

Best regards,

Mayur Shah

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

I checked this customer segments creation using object relationship in SAP Help.

But it seems it works only for the data source "InfoSet" and not for "BI Cube". We have the BI query as the data source - hence we could not make use of this functionality.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj:

In my previous project, we used datasource as "BI Cube" and it was working fine. Are you getting any error while doing so??

If the count is not appearing properly then you must check the BI query.

Best regards,

Mayur Shah

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

Sorry may be I understood your initial comment.

The requirement is to create a single Target Group without any modelling in CRM side. The pre-defined filters are already built in BI and we get as result for eg: say 100 records along with BP and Vehicle combination.

I want all that 100 BP's(including duplicates) in one TG in CRM. I even raised an OSS message to SAP and they confirmed this is not possible in standard.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj:

You can not achieve this in a single target group. But you can achieve this in multiple target groups in single segmentation model. Then you can assign the Segmentation model or all the relevant TGs to your Campaign and execute it.

Best regards,

Mayur Shah