cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference characteristics with MARA-MATNR

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have defined characteristics "MATNR" as reference characteristics with reference to table MARA and field MATNR. Requirement is to default material number against this characteristics. Value for this characteristic gets defaulted in material classification view however it is not defaulted in configuration profile of material in CU42. I have tried working with other tables MAAPV and MAEPV but value does not get defaulted to material number.

Can you please suggest solution for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently also having the same issue. I want to have the MATNR inputted in the value.

However when using the VBAP-MATNR it takes the header material.

We have a structure with SALES BOM like

xxx (header item)

- yyy (production material)

- zzz (extra material)

I want on the config profile of yyy the char matnr, but when using vbap-matnr it uses xxx instead of yyy

anybody has an idea?

thanks in advance!

David

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David Vandenbroucke,

Please open a new thread by refering to this thread, you may get more favourable replies.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manohar Kotlawar,

As in CU50 you simulate a sales order , a referance to sales order line item material ll be more suitable then MARA-MATNR.

as Suggested above, please change your referance in MATNR charactertsic and replace it with Table VBAP & field MATNR.

It wil work.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

We are using Variant configuration functionality while creating vehicle (SAP VMS), so sales order document will not be available. VBAP-MATNR will not work.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar Kotlawar

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manohar Kotlawar,

Its good to know you are using VMS. If you can share more details on how you are planning to use this reference characteristic while creating Vehicles , i can provide more appropriate help.

Use reference to table VLCVEHICLE & look filed for Model number, as the Vehicle model always will be a configurable matrial number it will work.

Check and reply with findings.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Our requirement is to use material characteristics in dependency rules.

Defining reference table VLCVEHICLE-MATNR works during configuration change but not while creating vehicle.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manohar Kotlawar,

Correct,  as before executing action create vehicle you first need to assign values to configuration then you click on execute and vehicle will be created, so next time when you open your vehicle in change mode, this reference will be copied to your vehicle model characteristic.

you should look for some exit which will re initiate the configuration after vehicle creation to capture Vehicle number which is as good as creating vehicle and then changing it.

Close the thread if you are satisfied with explanation.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

You can create a reference characteristics with reference to the table VBAP & field MATNR.

Then, check the value in the configuration screen in the sales order, it will show the material number of the sales order line item.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD