SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceeded when creating PO

mauro_blanc3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have the following situation:

We have created a PR and availability check was performed and budget was consumed for that particular PR.

The very next day, within the same month, a PO is created based on that PR, budget should be transferred from the PR to the PO, but this is not happening, and PO can't be saved due to the lack of budget.

This is happening only in one PO, we have several others PO using the same combination of Fund Centre/Commitmen Item, therefore derivation rule is not the problem.

Also when I check report FMRP_RFFMEP1AX, I can see the budget assignment from to the PR and then a budget reduction from the PR, but there is no line for buget assingment for the PO.

this is happening on a Live system.

Any help will be appreciatted.

Regards, Mauro.

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there something special about this PR? Is PO quantity/price differs from that of PR?

Before analysing, I suggest two things:

a) Execute FMN3N and FMN4N accordingly for this PR and PO.

b) Execute FMAVCREINIT

If these actions don't help, send a printscreen from FMIOI table for these documents.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

FMN3N, FMN4N and FMAVCREINIT were already executed with no results.

Both PR and PO are for the same Qty and same amount.

Here is screenshot of FMIOI

The only document in the table is the PR, there are no entries for the PO because we can't save it due to the lack of budget.

Regards, Mauro.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Hmmm... So, PR's commitment was reduced, but no commitment for PO was created, because of AVC, right? And FMN3N for PR does not give any results... What is the status of this PO, is it pending now?

I can suggest the following:

a) Eliminate PO

b) Run FM_DLOI for this PR

c) Run FMN3N for PR

d) Run FMAVCREINIT

e) Re-introduce PO

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

That's exactly our problem.

PO is currently on hold, and we can't delete because we get AVC error as well.

Already tried to execute FM_DLOI for this PR with no results.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by 'no results'? Did it delete FMIOI entries?

0 Kudos

No, it didn't.

And, it's probably correct, because commitment was reduced for this PR, but no commitment was created  for the PO.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was meaning to delete FMIOI from PR and recreate it. Even if commitment is reduced, the transaction is supposed to eliminate completely the document from FMIOI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro.

Did you change the account assignment of the PO and add a new account?

If yes. this behaviour is intentional, cause when the account assignment from PO and add a new account this can cause inconsistency in the commitment calculation since the PR does not know about this new account. So, whether you need to add another account I recommend to do this in the PR itself.

Regards

Jandoval

mauro_blanc3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Functional team finally decided to increase the Budget in order to complete the process. In the meantime we are trying to replicate the same behavior in our Q system.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro
also, see if if it was a Services PO and check this KBA:1925072 Services PO's: effect of Hold and Release Strategy in Funds Management

best regards

Mar

0 Kudos

We are also facing the same issue. What was the RCA of the issue mentioned in Thread?

Thanks,

Ankit