Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Adobe Form after migration 7.0 -> 7.4

horst_hring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

our company has recently upgraded its Enterpise Portal from 7.0 SP22 to 7.4 SP09.

There are several WD4J-Appliations generating PDF-Dokuments via Adobe Document Services.

Most of the documents are generated nicely. But for some of the documents the forms are ok but the data is missing.

I found out that for the affected documents the property dataSource is bound to the root context node. This is because the form uses data from multiple nodes below the root node.

The old solution has worked in 7.0.

I tried to create node in the view and map the nodes from the root node of the component controller to sub nodes of the view node. But the NWDS says "mapping of parent node missing". How can I accomplish that?

Or is there any way to get the old solution working?

Kind regards,

Horst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

horst_hring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi to everyone who might be interested,

I solved the issue.

1. Created a new node in the root context and copied all Model node to that node
  2. Then I removed all model bindings from the new nodes
  3. Entered coding to copy node contents (where target may not be a model node)
    1. WDCopyService.copySubtree(wdContext.nodeSource(), wdContext.nodeTarget(), true);
  4. Mapped all nodes to the view where the PDF is created
  5. Bound all fields to the interactive form.

Hope this helps anyone with similar issue.

Seems that the WD4J experts are getting extinct. There no WD4J trainings at SAP avaliable any more... 😞

Though I don't see any compareable UI interface at the moment. SAP Fiori and SAP UI5 ín my eyes can get quite complex (which is WD4J too) but need to do a lot of error prone coding.

Best regards,

Horst

Answers (0)