cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

My license and expired and I cannot login to SAP. Checking the internet they were saying I need to login to SAP.net, but I don't know how to do that. Who should I send my current hardware license key to?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please review SAP Note 870871 - 'License key installation' on how to apply the license key.

Please use SAP User 'SAP*' to logon to client 000 to apply the license key.

See this URL link for the default password for SAP* - Protecting Standard Users - SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP Security Guide - SAP Library, if the default password has not been changed.

If the default password for SAP* has been changed and cannot be remembered, please review this URL link - Securing User SAP* Against Misuse - Identity Management - SAP Library, on how to trigger the system to create the hard-cored SAP* with the default password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Earl,

are you having SAP on your desktop / laptop or in company ?

To access SAP after 30 days of installation you need to have license. To have license you need to provide your server details to SAP website called service.sap.com for which you need to have an id called "S" service userid.

You can have this S userid only when you / company have purchased the product from SAP (Payed to SAP).

Once you have those S Userid you provide your server detail and then you register your hardware key on to that website and it send you key. Which you install on your server using login to 000 client with SAP* userid with usual password call pass.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an expensive windows server for our SAP installation. We have an S userId, S0012908428. I have determined the hardware key and have received an updated license file to use. But since the previous license has expired I'm unable to login and use the new license key to get the software back up and running.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logon to SAP using the user "SAP*" (the user ID is "SAP" followed by an asterisk).

You will be able to access the transaction SLICENSE in order to get the information you need and also to install the new license.

You can get the new license at the SAP Marketplace.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now I can't login with anything it seems. Also, what is the password for the SAP* user? Also, how do I get to the SAP Marketplace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

get the hardware key from os level using the below command,

from <sid>adm# saplicense -get

it will give the current hardware key. use the key to register with sap and install the new license using the command saplicense -pinstall

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that command and I get the following error:

C:\Users\Administrator.NXASRV2015>saplicense -pinstall ifile=ERP_standard_license_key.txt

*** SAPLICENSE (Release 742) ERROR ***

ERROR:   Can not set DbSl trace function

DETAILS: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) failed with return code 20

RC-INFO: error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for:

dbms_type = <db-type>  (e.g. ora)

DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll>  (e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Logon with "SIDadm" user and try the command again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We installed the software with just a single login on the windows server, Administrator. So I cannot re-login as any other user on the system.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A standard SAP installation would create two users: "SAPService<SID>" and "<SID>adm", where "<SID>" is the three letter system ID chosen for this system.

When you logon with <SIDD>adm  your command prompt window will have all the environment settings required for the saplicense program to work.

You might also want to use saplikey instead of saplicense (SAP note 1227762).