Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify the from address to schedule reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Here is the requirement .

As of now all of the reports scheduled will have generic bobj address as from address / return address .

But one particular department wants to modify the from address to be specific to department . so that all the reports scheduled for this department will be having the new address.

But how can I change the from address without effecting others .

So as of now on JOB Server - default from address is bobgprod @de.com  but now if we change it to der_specific_bobj then all the others will also see these changes.

So please let me know how can I change it without effecting other departments.

Thanks,

Bharathi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

While scheduling any report, you have an option to either use default job server settings or to specify custom settings.

Here first identify the schedules for which you want email ID to be updated in the FROM field. Then one by one you need to replace the existing schedule with updated email ID. Here you need to update one by one at report level and not at Job server level. If you make changes at Job server level then all the schedules using default settings would get affected,

Steps need to follow:

1. Login to CMC as Administrator user

2. You can find the Recurring job either from Instance manager or from report's history.

3. Right click on the recurring job which you want to update and select ¨Reschedule¨ option

4. Go to ¨Destination¨ tab on left hand side

5. Uncheck ¨Use default settings¨ checkbox and specify info in FROM/TO and all required Fields .

6. Go to recurring tab and make sure you specify the same recurring frequency which was earlier.

7. Click on ¨Schedule¨

and its done.

Same procedure you need to follow for all required recurring jobs.

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing, it is a best practice to specify distribution list in the ¨To¨ field. In future of someone leaves organization or moved into other department, then simply remove its name from DL. This way you don't need to update any schedule.

1. In the outlook, go to ¨Properties¨ of desired DL.

2. Go to ¨E-mail Adrresses¨ and copy the SMTP email mentioned.

3. Specify the copied email id into the ¨To¨ field of the desired schedule.

Good Luck!

- Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh ,

I could not find From field here. Please see the screenshot . We are using SAP BI 4.0.

In Dev - I can find from but not in QA and PROD. Can you please also give me steps for scheduling a report daily based on event . So it needs to be recurring schedule till 2020.

Thanks,

Bharathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly login to CMC as Administrator user only.