Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party item in a sales BOM w/delivery-related billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a VPRS puzzle I need help with.

Scenario:  We sell a kit item using a sales BOM.  One of the items in the sales BOM is true 3rd-party (TAS).  The rest of the items are shipped from our warehouse as a kit.  Pricing to the customer is shown for the top-level item.  Billing to the customer is only for the top-level item, and should include the amount for all components rolled-up, including the 3rd-party item that is direct-shipped from our vendor to our customer.

At billing, the revenue is correct, but the cost (VPRS) is missing the amount for the 3rd-party item from the sales BOM.  I have taken the third-party item from requisition to PO to GR to MIRO invoice.  All good there.

I think the problem has something to do with SAP expecting TAS (3rd-party) items to be order-related billing, but I am trying to use it in a delivery-related context and, of course, the TAS item is nowhere on my outbound delivery because it is handled by my vendor.

Any suggestions how I can get the VPRS from my TAS sales BOM component to roll-up with the rest of my sales BOM components so that it is included in VPRS for the top-level item?  Again, the revenue side is fine.  VOFM routine needed?

Thanks in advance.

Tomm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Please go through SAP notes

1365939 - VPRS logic and Customizing settings in SD

547570 - FAQ: VPRS in pricing

Let us know if it resolved your issue.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tao_sun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I think you need to make sure following customizing is set correctly to fulfill your requirement.

1, Set "cumulate cost" indicator in copy control for top item.

2, Set billing quantity to 'E' or 'F' in third party sub-item to make sure it gets cost from GR or Invoice receipt

3, Implement modification note 352441 to make sure cost is accumulated to top item.

I hope the information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions Tao and Rahul,

Actually, by removing the "cumulate cost" flag from the copy control of the top item worked for me.

In this way, VPRS for the top item came directly across for the sales order where it had already been cumulated from the component costs.  Granted, it is based on the cost from the material master, but this is OK in my situation (i.e., does not need to be taken from the PO or MIRO values).

Modification Note 352441 looks like it would work for me, but I do not have to go that far.  SAP admits that this is a design error in that Note, so I am surprised that a mod is recommended.

Thanks to you both.