cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC-xom command line interface

former_member183984
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to work on BCXOM command line interface to develop external OMS functionalities.

Is is possible to access spools without implementing a program on the SAP host machine?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrien,

You can refer to the below document.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8574

Regards

Jie Bai

former_member183984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, I have gone through the documents.

I was weighing between command line and complete RFC interface.

Keeping in mind that the OMS should be usable on various OS platforms such as windows, linux, HP.. i have few specific questions in mind.

If I choose to develop in .net technology, one of the prerequisite mentioned is that the OMS should have local presence on the R/3 host system:

Integrating the Spool System into an External Output Management - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN) - ...

"An OMS and all of the devices it serves must be "local" to all SAP spool servers. This means that the OMS commands issued by SAP spool servers must be executable on the host system on which the corresponding SAP spool server is running."

I was wondering how .net application will be able to communicate with spool work process locally?

How .net applications would access non-microsoft platform such as linux, unix directory or process access?

thanks a lot in advance

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you use the BC-XOM "command line interface", the SPO work process executes a command line (script or program) on the SAP server whenever it submits a print job to the OMS (similar to Unix lp, lpr cmd).

So there is a need for the OMS to have a script or program residing locally on the SAP appserver, which makes it platform-dependent.

When you use RFC server interface, you do not have this need, you only need a shared directory where you store print files. But then you need to implement an RFC server in the OMS.

Regards,

Alex

former_member183984
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Alexander.

I think if I were to develop a .net application, its easy to use RFC server with shared folder (SAP system installed on Windows).

What if SAP system is installed on HPAIX or Linux, how to share the folder to have .net app with RFC server interface access  the shared folder, may be using samba or so. Any alternative?

thanks a lot in advance