cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Workspaces and Integrated Planning Not working together !

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a planning ready query based on Integrated Planning. The data model is Cube -> Multiprovider - > Aggregation level -> Query.

Material (0MATERIAL) is one of the many characteristics that is part of the planning query.

I want to add some 15 attributes to material without changing the info-object or the data model.

These attributes and their values are available in a flatfile/excel.

I tried using BW workspaces by uploading the data into a Local Provider. I made the multi-provider as the central provider in TCODE RSWSP.

Using Advanced Analysis front-end I tried to combine the Local provider with the Bex Query. The resulting report is no longer input ready !!

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO USE WORKSPACES TO ENHANCE AN INPUT READY QUERY ??

If yes, please guide me here ?

Regards,

Dheeraj

I have the latest and greatest version of everything - SAP BW 7.4, HANA, Advanced Analysis.. etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199573
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked the help documentation and found this,

In BW Workspace Designer, you can create a local provider for BW Integrated Planning.

You need to activate the Planning Applications Kit, in order to use this function. This requires a license for Business Objects Planning and Consolidation, Version for SAP NetWeaver. See SAP Note 1637199 for more details.

Using Local Providers for BW Integrated Planning - Analytic Manager - SAP Library

Please check if PAK is active.

Raja.

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I saw that too. The solution requires that all my planned data is posted in local provider instead of the real-time cubes that I already have. 

The whole idea of BW Workspaces was minimal data model changes and give the ability to the user to freely enrich existing reports using say.. additional attributes to a existing characteristics/master data.

Using a local provider defeats the whole purpose !

I do have PAK.

@SAP - ANYONE FROM SAP DEV HAVE AN ANSWER ????

Regards,

Dheeraj