cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM middleware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have an issue on BOM down load from ECC to CRM.

In quality system first we down loaded BOM from ECC to CRM successfully by executing the adapter object BOM, and delta load was working fine. But when BOM was created in Multiple plants in ECC delta load was stopped, then we maintained BOM in a specific plant, and we deleted BOM relation ship in CRM system by running a report COM_BOM_DELETE_ALL, then we executed initial load through R3AS with the adapter object BOM after this all Bill of materials successfully down loaded from ECC to CRM, delta load is also working fine.

now in production system similar issue raised on BOM there were 50 BOM materials are there in ECC production system and we executed the initial load it is successful but only for 49 materials BOM components are transferred, for one material BOM components are not transferred for the reason is component is maintained multiple times. now when we try to execute again initial load for BOM the bdoc is generating Bom initial load operation failed.

can any one have solution for this,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185613
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vasanth,

BOM from ECC to CRM can be replicated only for a single plant. It is a standard SAP behaviour that has been seen. If there is a BOM for plant say 'X', further delta download(s) will replicate only the BOMs with plant 'X'.

As a good practise, a filter maintained for the adapter object BOM in CRM system so that BOMs specific to a single plant gets downloaded.

Hope this helps,

~Athreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athreya,

Thank you very much for quick reply,

in production system we maintained all BOM material maintained in one plant only, and the mainly issue is when we try to delete the relationship in production system, system not allowing to execute the report COM_BOM_DELETE_ALL, and the message comes as archive the material. with this process i downloaded in quality system.but production system it is not happening

what i am trying to do here, delete the entries from the table comm_il_strset, again run the initial load

for the adapter object BOM. here the bdoc message is BOM initial load operation failed.

is there any other option for this issue.

former_member185613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

Can you post the error message here (with screen capture if possible).

Regards,

~Athreya

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

Not sure if your issue is resolved.

I would suggest to go through the below link to check the settings.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44524

Also, kindly check the master data for Material and also the BOM set up in ECC if it is correctly maintained.

Hope this will be useful

Thanks and Regards

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Mr.Dnyanesh,

i have gone thorough the link and it is very helpful.

and we maintained all the configuration settings what ever required and we are facing this in

production system, and we tried resolve this by deleting the BOM relationships and run initial load

again for BOM, but system response is 'archive the material' when we try to run the report

com_bom_delete_all, is there any other way to resolve this issue.

former_member182606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

We are facing the same problem can you  share us the solution if you have solved it.

Regards,

Chella.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chella,

first delete BOM master record in ECC system, and apply filter for the plant in the adapter object BOM.

former_member182606
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vasanth,

I tried it was not working for me But after adding some set types in COMM_HIERARCHY Tcode under R3PRODSTYP Hierarchy ID for the corresponding Category.

I even ran a initial load for BOM object in R3AS.

It start to replicate.

Below are the set types I added for my scenario.

BBPM_PR_GENERAL

COMM_PR_BATCH

COMM_PR_GTIN

COMM_PR_LGTEXT

COMM_PR_LGTEXT1

COMM_PR_MAT

COMM_PR_PUR_1

COMM_PR_SHTEXT

COMM_PR_UNIT

COM_TA_MANUFAC

COM_TA_R3_ID

CRMM_PR_SALESA

CRMM_PR_SALESG

CRMM_PR_SRVENT

CRM_CR_CONTROL

CRM_FS_INDOBJ

CRM_SERIALNUM

CRM_TR_CONTROL

CRMM_PR_TAX

COMM_PR_LGTEXT2

Regards,

Chella.

former_member185613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chella,

Just for your information: Rather than adding the set types explicitly, better run initial load of DNL_CUST_PROD1 in CRM system so that it brings all the categories and hierarchies from ERP system and updates the required set types for them. This also updates the set types for other categories (if found missing).

Hope it helps,

~Athreya

former_member182606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Athreya,

Thanks for your reply We tried it too but it did not bring the necessary set types to replicate the BOM Items. Only after adding it manually it worked in my case.

Regards,

Chella.

Answers (0)