SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME045 error appearing for a Company Code which does not even have FM

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we have several Company Code's in our client. Some of the Company Codes does have FM implemented, some others not.

We are creating some Funds reservations to input them into Purchase Orders. In order to do so, we needed to put as optional the field Funds Reservation in both MM-Account Assingment (customizing at Account Assignment Category level) and FI-GL account (customizing at FSG variant level).

If we had the "Funds reservation" as suppressed in GL account Field Status Group, then we would have the error ME045 - GL account cannot be used (this is a estándar error because SAP checks the consistency between Field Status Groups). That error would appear at the momento of saving the purchase order in ME21N.

My concern is that we are getting that error even in cases of Company Codes which does not have FM module implemented. Is there any way to avoid that error for Company Codes without FM or a way to suppress in MM the field somehow at Company Code level (not only at Account Assingment Category Level).

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Mercedes.

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usage of Earmarked Funds, including Funds Reservation, does not presume necessary activation of FM or assignment of a company code to FM area. Why are you bothered by existence of the field on the screen? You can, theoretically, create transaction variants to hide the field from the layout (though keeping it available in customization you mentioned), but this is quite messy and price-benefit criterion wouldn't hold there.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Eli, I did not know that a Company Code without FM Area could use the Earmarked Funds objects.

In that case, the estándar check makes more sense.

What bother to us is not to see the field "Funds reservation" as optional inside the "Account Assingment" tab (o ME21N), but to have to adapt all the Field Status Groups of all the GL accounts that are potentially used in Purchase orders.

Anyway, from your comments I understand that adapting all the FSG's (even for Company Codes without FM) is the solution.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Mercedes.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right, I'm afraid that's the only way.