Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel On-Behalf - WDA travel app from WDJ MSS

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

We use the old WDJ based MSS - and we would like to enable the newer Travel Management On behalf scenario - which is based on WDA.

I have added the wda service to the MSS_HCM_AREA_RELATEDACTIVITY  Area - and it launched fine - but its not working in "on behalf" mode - but only starts as a normal travel request for the Manager him/her-self?

Has anyone done this? or do we have to upgrade the MSS package to a newer version?

br

Ronni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Just wanted to say that i found this note:

1578965 - Launching of ESS WD ABAP Services from MSS WD Java

It adresses the issue about calling other applications - ie - from java to wda,

i am not sure if it will work - but i will try at least

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

do you mean the old java based "on behalf by a Manager"?

Or do you mean the travel assistant WD FITE_POWL_ASSISTANT?

Best regards, Sigi

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried!

Thanks for your reply.

What i mean is that the customers portal version is using the Java BP for MSS, and they use the new WDA version of travel-management.

This works fine for the ESS part - where i have integrated the solution into their existing homepage framework. (they can launch the WDA version from their ess roles and so on).

I however havent managed to make the MSS part work. I can launch the application from the Related Activities iviews - when i have selected and employee under the General information tab - but i doesnt seem to pass on the right parameters. I just starts the views for the Manager himeself and not for the selected employee.

I suspect that the Java FPM is not working / passing the wrong parameters to the WDA iview.

Let me show you with some screens:

As you can see here - the iview is added - which i did by adding the service to the area page

But when i click on the link:

It launches the application for the manager himself.

I wonder if it at all possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

as I have said, I guess this Manager doing work for his stuff is not available under WDA.

Please check first development package PTRM_WEB - here you will find all WDA's.

But I have seen this Manager - to stuff function only under Java - not anymore under WDA.

And it is logical for me. Which manager will do work for his stuff? 😉

Good luck,

Sigi

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siefred!

Thank you - i will try to look into it

Have a nice day!

br Ronni

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

this ought to be working as of HCM_MSS_WDA_2. Maybe something's going wrong in the respective BADI-Implementations (which are also active in standard).

Employee Self-Service on Behalf in MSS (WDA) - Manager Self-Service in SAP NetWeaver Business Client...

If I was you, I would start debugging in the standard BADI-Implementations because that's exactly where the on-behalf-Pernr is passed through.

Cheers, Lukas

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas!

are you sure?

i mean - they use the WDJ version of MSS in the portal - and therefore has to implement the on-behalf through the homepage framework - and not in the Launchpad solution as is used by WDA?

Or am i missing something?

br Ronni

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh dear, I missed that. -_-

From a dogmatic point of view, this can't work and your only option is FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT.

From a technical point of view, I have never encountered that scenario and I would still give it a shot and set break points in the BADIs outlined in the help-link I posted. If the WDA-Business Logic is for some reason executed from the WDJ HPF, then you might have a chance.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. Is migrating to WDA with BFs HCM_WDA_MSS_1 + 2 an option?

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas!

I havent looked at the powl assistant application - maybe it will work for managers. i will try it out.

thanks