cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with custom field integration from ECC to C4C (customer master)

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have enhanced the DEBMAS06 IDOC with extension ZDEBMAS06_CFS containing the value of a z-field from the customer master.

We have downloaded the WSDL for the idoc using report "SRT_IDOC_WSDL_NS".

We also imported the new WSDL into the iFlow andassigned it to the mapping.

As soon as we deploy the iFlow now, any customer master replication fails. If reverted back to the standard, it works again.

The HCI log is in the attached txt file.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thank you for your valuable help.

Best Regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chandansb
Active Contributor

Hello Florian,

Looking into the error, it seems the message is not able to find the Target Element. Does the Target WSDL have this element where you are trying to map the new Custom field created?

If yes, does there exist the mapping that will map the Custom field value into the field in Target WSDL?

In case if the Target field is extension field (which I think is) on C4C, You will have to use the modified Web Service which will have this field in it. This extension field further needs to mapped with the Custom Field from the Source IDOC in the HCI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandan

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

we are trying to get the integration working for the process where no customer but only prospects are created in C4C (as written in the attached document).

We have defined a new z field on the customer master to store the C4C internal customer number. As soon as the customer is created in ECC and the C4C internal number is stored in the new z-field it should link to the existing prospect in C4C.

I also tried to export the WSDL for the standard DEBMAS06 and tried to use it instead of the standard WSDL of the iFlow but exactly the same error happens.

It looks like the WSDL definition getting from ECC is not correct.

Any hint?

Best Regards

Florian

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Florian,

Correct me if my understanding is right. You want to make the changes on C4C prospect to convert it to Account once the customer is created in ECC? If so I guess you do not have this functionality to the flow from prospect from C4C to ECC. (which would have been easier process to achieve from standard integration)

For your customization, your updated WSDL from ECC should have this custom field in it which should be mapped to the ReceiverInternalID on C4C web service.

Moreover I will suggest you to rename the WSDL file same as the standard WSDL from iFLow to replace the existing WSDL from standard iFlow. (I can see your WSDL starting with Z)

Try and let me know.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandan

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

C4C can create prospects that are not replicated to ECC. If a prospect becomes a customer, the customer master is created in ECC and the z field is used to link it to the C4C business partner. Our customer doesn't want useless business partners in ECC.

No success.

If I compare the original WSDL from the iFlow with the one which was exported from ECC, they look totally different. It looks like ECC WSDL export is not done the way HCI requires it. I have attached the WSDL files.

Best Regards

Florian

AbinashNanda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

I checked the WSDL you have attached to the message. It appears the wsdl has not been adjusted correctly, could you please perform the steps as mentioned in the blog. The namespace needs to be removed, the occurrence needs to be adjusted.

Best regards, Abinash

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abinash,

thank you for having a look. We tried again based on your blog post and now it is working.

The issue was caused by the "tns:....." which was a little bit missleading. Here a screenshot for everyone how it should look like.

Maybe you can have a quick look at our working wsdl regarding the correct usage of the occurences.

Best Regards

Florian

AbinashNanda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

Great to know now your interface works. I looked at your WSDL and I can see you have set the IDOC occurrence correctly

<xsd:element name="IDOC" type="ZDEBMAS06_CFS.DEBMAS06" maxOccurs="999999"/>

This is required to support IDOC packages i.e. when there are more than one IDOC in a single message.

Best regards, Abinash

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abinash,

thank you very much. You're help is highly appreciated!

Best Regards

Florian

AbinashNanda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

May I use the image you have provided above in my blog post to highlight how the element should look like after removing the namespace.

Best regards, Abinash

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abinash,

sure you can.

Best Regards

Florian

Answers (0)