cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month end accrual posting

jhkoch
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a group of employees that currently have all their wages posted to FI to their home center. We are changing this to begin posting wages to the orders entered in CATS.  The concern is around month end accruals.  They don't want the accruals to post to orders because many of them are used briefly and then not again.  However the accrual process looks at the last pay period to see what orders were used and then creates the accrual  postings based on those orders.  FI is concerned that this isn't accurate.  I don't see anywhere in the standard configuration that allows us to say we want accruals to post to the home cost center but the regular payroll posts to orders.  Does anyone else do this and how did you accomplish it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Check sub-schema UAC0 in main schema U000.

It has rule UAC0 with operation ACCMO=0 which means Month End Accruals is off.

If ACCMO=1 it means Month End Accruals is on.

You can only control activation and deactivation of MEA by modifying this rule with conditions that you want to use.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ameet

jhkoch
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering, but the issue isn't turning them on or off.  The issue is where the accruals post to accounting.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You may probably want to look at implementing a BADI EXIT_RPCIPE00_001 for this requirement.

Also, it would be great if you could provide an example for your request to further help provide better response.

Thanks,

Ameet

jhkoch
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's an example.  This employee has charged time against 2 different orders in the pay period (80% of time to OG00048 and 20% of time to OG00049).  Here's how it looks in PCP0:

Accruals are also being created in this pay period for 2 days, and it creates them proportionately to OG00048 and OG00049:

The client doesn't want to post the accruals to the orders like this, because they say in many cases it's unlikely the employees would be working on these same orders in the period begin accrued for.   They would rather the accruals posted to the employee's home cost center or somewhere else.  So that's what I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish via standard configuration.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I see that you are posting normal wage type for time amounts to same GL account as accruals too.

Although you may be having 2 lines in table T52EL for the time wage type - 1 as for actual posting and 1 for accrual posting.

For accrual posting please check "Ignore cost assignment" check box and try to post. It will ignore your cost assignment and only look at home cost center.

Thanks,

Ameet

jhkoch
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet, I think that's what I was looking for.

Answers (0)