Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take a 'Retired' Exam

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all

I want to take a certification exam, but recently I saw that the status of the exam is "Retired" and is "Listed until Dec 31st 2015".

With this status, I have the following questions:

- What happen if this year (before Dec 31st 2015), I decide to take this exam? Is allowed?

- What happen after Dec 31st 2015, I know there is not another exam about the same topic.

- Take the exam under this described status gives me value?

Thanks

Dario R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dario

Apologies for the confusion ! It was due to be retired at the end of June but was extended and will now be retired Dec 31. You need to book it and take it before that date.

Hope that helps!

Sue 

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susan

Thank you very much for your answer.

But, I am confused. SAP Colombia tells me that is not possible take the exam because the exam's status is "Retired" and doesn't exist another exam that replace it. This is the same concept that Rob mentioned in an answer higher in this message.

If I understand you, I can take the exam until 31 Dec despite the status and the observation that appears in the web site in the following file:  https://sapecom-production11.tangentlabs.co.uk/asset-manager/cdn/static-pdf/Valid_Cert_Exams_15_06_1....

I'm sorry, for the insistence, but if it is possible take the exam I need to be sure, to do the respective pay.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Dario R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dario,

you can take your exam at Pearson VUE. Therefore you have to purchase an voucher and then register to the exam.

If you want to take it at a SAP location you can tell SAP Colombia it is not retired.

Kind Regards,

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dario

If an exam is retired then you can no longer take it.

If you can advise which exam you are referring to, I will try and find out some more information to help answer your other questions.

Kind regards

Rob

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

Thanks for your answer

The exam I am talking is C_SOA200_70. This exam is "Retired" and "Listed until Dec 31st 2015".

Thanks for further information about this exam

Regards.

Dario R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dario

Thanks for the info.

On the Valid Exam List we have added exams that are no longer available to take but are still considered to be 'valid'.

We have a series of FAQs about certifications and on the question concerning validity it says 'As a rule, SAP considers certifications on the two most recent solution release levels to be current and valid, but this can vary for some solutions.'

So this exam is considered 'valid' until the end of the year if someone already had the qualification. 

So to answer your questions specifically.. no, you can't take the exam, there is no replacement scheduled for this exam (this can be for a variety of reasons) and the last question isn't really relevant as unfortunately you can't take the exam.

I'm sorry if that's not the answer you were hoping for but I hope it helps you in some way.

Kind regards

Rob

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob.

In advance, thanks for your answer. 

I understand the situation, in fact I didn't expect it, but I am wondering why the exam is even valid in Person Vue?

Kind Regards

Dario R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dario

That seems strange.. I've forwarded this question to our certification team and asked them to respond directly to you on here.

Apologies for the delay in getting you a final answer.

Kind regards

Rob