cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the basis administration activities changes once we migrated to SAP S/4HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As we are planning to migrate on S/4HANA and BW on HANA from our existing ECC6.0 and BW7.0 environment.

We want to know whether there will be any changes in current basis administration activities once we migrated on S/4HANA? For e.g. user administration, roles and authorizations, printers, transports (STMS), support pack updates, post system refresh activities...etc.

And we are going to attend the SAP HANA training i.e. HA100 and HA200. The question here is do we all SAP Basis team have to attend SAP HANA administration training or it would be fine if only couple of basis team members attend the training who are currently handling the database activities as well.

Thanks,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you moving to SFIN?

There are not major changes in BASIS roles with the S/4 HANA.

Always good to have current BASIS team to get trained in above modules to be on same page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we are planning to move on SFIN.

I thought the HA100 and HA200 is for who have knowledge of database will be more beneficial from training. I know as a career growth the Basis team with HANA knowledge will be good. But want to know what major changes in BASIS roles will be if we implement the S/4 HANA?

And we couple of team members from Basis team attended the HA100 and HA200 but didn't find any much from Basis perspective in both modules which all the Basis team members should know...That's why I am more curious to know whether once we move on HANA will the same Basis team will be able to perform the day to day admin activities which currently the Basis team is doing apart from HANA administration.

Thanks,

Narendra