cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

normally modifiable fields grayed out when editing pcd content

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have come across two instances today when trying to edit pcd content where fields that are normally modifiable are grayed out.

We are upgrading portal from 7.02 to 7.4 and the problems occur on the 7.4 PRD system but not on 7.4 DEV.

The first instance is when editing a KM Document iview. I can not edit the "Path to Document" field.

If I open an iview I have previously edited, the editor shows a "not equals" sign (i.e., field has been changed) for "Path to Document" , but nothing is displayed in the "Path to Document" field and the field is not modifiable.

If I create a new iview, nothing is displayed in the "Path to Document" field and it is not modifiable.

I tried to edit this field in the iview template, but again, not modifiable

I have tried to resolve this by importing the iview template for KM Document iview from the 7.4 DEV system, but when it gets to my affected system, again same behavior.

Second problem is in portal roles, where I am not able to edit the Merge Id on folders within the role. I have re-imported the roles from our DEV system where there are Merge ID's on the folders, but once into our PRD system, the Merge ID's are blank and the field is not modifiable.

As for our systems, the pcd content was created in 7.02 system originally and imported to our 7.4 DEV system (we are in the middle of a portal upgrade), the non-modifiiable problem occurs in our 7.4 PRD but not 7.4 DEV. Any help with this is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Is this happening for superadmins also?

Did you run a pcd check yet to see if there are any inconsistencies? If not please check note 1473054 and activate each of the monitors. If the results are not green please proceed with the steps in the note to remove the inconsistencies.

Thanks and regards,

Lorraine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lorraine -- thank you for your reply. When I activated the monitors, a couple of them were showing "yellow".One of our BASIS guys looked at the remedy in the note and decided it would be easier for him to see if he could modify the fields I could not change, He could. I am a SuperAdmin on the system but could not. I have an alternate userid with SuperAdmin access that can modify the "un-modifiable" fields that my own userid can't. Bottom line is, I found a workaround ,but still have the original problem. Helpful points awarded (I hope)

Thank you,

Tom

Answers (0)