Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS schedule does not start

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I have a question about SAP DS scheduling, because I have created a job scheduling, which does not work. In my opinion I have set all necessary option correct. The problem is, that the job does not start at the selected days (no error or something like that).

Sorry, that the language settings in the screen shots are German.

List of schedules

Config of schedule

Regards

Severin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

After all, we could not solve the problem, but we have no more time to search for a solution.

Therefor we decided to schedule the DS jobs with the BOE scheduler, which works fine.

Thanks for you help,

Severin

0 Kudos

Hi Severin ,

Even I was facing the same issue while working with Data services scheduler.

•     Check whether the TSN name is mentioned ,if not please provide the same.
  •     TSN name in local repository (Determines the connection type for logging

into designer, running jobs, scheduling jobs and so on).

Hope this helps !!!!!

Thanks and Regards ,

David king J.

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I will check this on monday and will tell you the result.

Regards

Severin

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are using DS Scheduler, which is nothing but Windows Scheduler, so first thing that you need to check is if the schedule is actually getting kicked off by the Windows scheduler or not

go to Windows task scheduler ,and check the status of the Data Service schedule , if the Schedule status is success then check the %DS_COMMON_DIR%\log\AL_RWJobLauncher.log file for errors

since you are able to execute the bat file from the command line, I guess their is some issue with Windows scheduler, have you tried using BOE Scheduler instead ?

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

scheduler looks fine. But I am unable to run bat-file successfully.

Regards

Severin

EDIT: The error log says, that the launcher is unable to connect to CMS, but the DS MC connection to the CMS works fine.

Message was edited by: Severin Thelen

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello david,

i have insert the TNS name, but the job still does not start.

Regards

Severin

Former Member
0 Kudos

to trouble shoot CMS Connection issue do this

open a command window

set the following variable

SET BOE_LOGGER_ENVIRONMENT=-trace

Run the .bat file to start the job

this will create a trace log in <InstallRoot>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging folder with the file name starting with AL_RWJobLauncher_*,log check if you find any clues in that to why the connection is failing

the log will be server info etc, if you are ok to share that file, share the log file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Severin,

It seems your  Administrator password recently changed. Kindly follow the below steps.

Management console --> Administrator--> Management--> CMS Connection--> please update your Administrator password. After that please schedule your job and update me the status.

Thanks

Selvam

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

apparently, the logger parameter was already set to "trace". So the log does not show me new information.

The error in the log says, that the program is unable to connect to CMS.

Regards

Severin

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Selvam,

if I test connection, the DS MC says that everything is fine.

After I update the administrator password (enter the same password again), the connection was successful to. But the batch file is still terminated by an error.

Regards

Severin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able you to export job to execution command and run it as a  batch job from the server. This will confirm if the job itself can run and would   give you  errors in  command line that can help.

thanks

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tazi,

when I try to start the job via batch file in the command line I get not errors, but a warning message.

C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log>C:\PROGRA~2\SAPBUS~1\DATASE~1/bin/AL_RWJ~1.EXE  "C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JobServer_1/" -w "inet:SERVERNAME:3500"  -C "C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JOB_26DWH_STAGE.txt"

Warning: ORB::BOA_init: hostname lookup returned `localhost' (127.0.0.1/::1)

Use the -OAhost option to select some other hostname

But it does not look like, that the job starts. Starting job from DS Client or DS Management Console works fine.

Regards

Severin