cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Viewer 2011 SP11 Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have a Winforms Application which displays crystal reports in a CrystalReportViewer (Crystal Reports 2011 .NET SDK SP11).

On my development computer the Viewer display in German (Tooltip over buttons, etc.. in german).

On the client comptuer I installed the Crystal Reports 2011 Client Tools SP11:

• Setup-Language: German
  • Installed Languages: Geman and English
  • Installed Functionalities: Business View Manager (under Client-Component)

The client computer has its Regional Settings set to Swiss German.

But on my client comptuer the Viewer displays in English. Is there any way to configure the language of the Viewer? (Client Tools configuration?)

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

I moved your post to the .NET SDK forum

First, SP 11 had a serious regression issue so I removed it from the download page. Please download SP 14 and update your DEV PC with the VS installer and any runtime PC's with one of the redist packages.

Second, CR for VS does not connect to BOE using Managed Reports, it can only support Unmanaged reports ( reports saved locally on the hard disk )

To be able to access the BOE server you need to log into SMP and download the 4.1 .NET SDK package and undate your project. It can access Managed and unmanaged reports.

Using the Postback method should allow you to query the Local PC for the default language and then you can set the Locale accordingly.

Try searching before posting, lots of info in here...

If you have access to SMP then search for this KBA:

1610417 - How to change report preferred viewing locale using Enterprise Java or .NET SDK at runtime?

As well as look for this KBA:

2003581 - How to set the Localization for a Crystal Reports .NET application

Don

0 Kudos

And see this post for code:

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don, Thanks for your help.

It's not CR For Visual Studio I am using, it's the 4.0 .NET SDK (SBOP BI PLATFORM .NET SDK RUNTIME 4.0 SP11 WINDOWS 32B64B). I did'nt precise that, sorry.

The locale Settings of the client PC are set to swiss german but the report is displaying in english. I tried your code example

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("de-CH");

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo("de-CH");

crystalReportBudgetBeleg.SetProductLocale("de-CH");

crystalReportBudgetBeleg.ParameterFieldInfo = parameterFields;

crystalReportBudgetBeleg.ToolPanelView = CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.ToolPanelViewType.None;  //Group Tree ausblenden

crystalReportBudgetBeleg.ReportSource = reportClientDocument;

Changing the language that way works on my developper PC, but not on the client PC. The language of the viewer remains in english, whatever producLocale I set.

Is there any configuration I should do on the client pc (client tools that are installed on the client PC : CLIENT TOOLS FOR SAP CRYSTAL SERVER 2011 SP11 WINDOWS 32B).

Regards

- Adrian

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Ah, that would make a difference. So you need to pass the Locale the user is viewing from back to BOE so it can adjust accordingly...

See this KBA: 1555742 - How to configure the multilingual options for the Crystal Reports .NET web form viewer

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_b...

Explains how to using the BOE 4.x SDK in a WEB app.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for the link, actually I didn't find anything that solved my problem.

But I made some reinstallations of the Client Tools with different functionnalities selected and changing the language to German only works if I install the SAP Crystal Server .NET SDK (under Development components). If I only select client components the viewer remains in english.

Do I really have to install the Development components on all my clients?

Regars

- Adrian

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Sorry, I need to clarify, you said:

CrystalReportViewer (Crystal Reports 2011 .NET SDK SP11).

CR 2011 does not have a SDK install with it. What you installed is the .NET components for BOE .NET SDK.

So now I need to know did you create an application using our .NET SDK or are you simply using the BOE viewer? And if so what development tool are you using, Visual Studio etc....

Or are you simply viewing reports in InfoView?

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Yes exactly : "SBOP BI PLATFORM .NET SDK RUNTIME 4.0 SP11 WINDOWS 32B/64B"  (thats the name of the SDK on the Download page).

I created a Winform application, using the "CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer" to show the Report.

This application uses the BI Platform .NET SDK. and is developped with Visual Studio 2013.

Regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

We still have the same problem.

To summarize:

On developmente machine : Visual Studio 2013 and the BI Platform .NET SDK (SBOP BI PLATFORM .NET SDK RUNTIME 4.0 SP11 WINDOWS 32B/64B)

We created a Winforms applications that opens Reports from the Crystal Report Server :

SessionMgr sessionMgr = new SessionMgr();

EnterpriseSession enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.Logon(crLogin.User, crLogin.Password, crLogin.ServerName, "secEnterprise");

EnterpriseService enterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("InfoStore");

InfoStore infoStore = new InfoStore(enterpriseService);

enterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("RASReportFactory");

Object rrfObject = enterpriseService.Interface;

ReportAppFactory reportAppFactory = (ReportAppFactory)rrfObject;

var queryString = crLogin.GetReportQuery(reportTitel);

InfoObjects infoObjects = infoStore.Query(queryString);

InfoObject infoObject = infoObjects[1];

ReportClientDocument reportClientDocument = new ReportClientDocumentClass();

reportClientDocument = reportAppFactory.OpenDocument(infoObject.ID, 0);

reportClientDocument.RefreshReportDocument();

On the client PC we installed "CLIENT TOOLS FOR SAP CRYSTAL SERVER 2011 SP11 WINDOWS 32B".

If we only select the "Business View Manager" the Viewer is in english. We have to install "SAP Crystal Server .NET SDK" to be able to display the Viewer in german.

Is there another installer for the BI Platform 4.0 on the client side ?

Regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I have found something else. When I install the client tools with german language I have 3 log files with errors (in C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging)

FILE_TYPE:DAAA96DE-B0FB-4c6e-AF7B-A445F5BF9BE2

ENCODING:UTF-8

RECORD_SEPARATOR:30

COLUMN_SEPARATOR:124

ESC_CHARACTER:27

COLUMNS:Location|Guid|Time|Tzone|Trace|Log|Importance|Severity|Exception|DeviceName|ProcessID|ThreadID|ThreadName|ScopeTag|MajorTick|MinorTick|MajorDepth|MinorDepth|RootName|RootID|CallerName|CallerID|CalleeName|CalleeID|ActionID|DSRRootContextID|DSRTransaction|DSRConnection|DSRCounter|User|ArchitectComponent|DeveloperComponent|Administrator|Unit|CSNComponent|Text

SEVERITY_MAP: |None|S|Success|W|Warning|E|Error|A|Assertion|F|Fatal

HEADER_END

.\languagemgr.cpp:59:-: TraceLog message 1

|13068a6b-c6db-54a4-ea30-c2ba678c4d3b|2015 08 21 12:25:10:626|+0200|Error| |>>| | |MsiExec| 1148|3820|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\languagemgr.cpp:59). (false : Languages Directory C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Languages does not exist or is not a directory).

.\languagemgr.cpp:90:-: TraceLog message 2

|eb856de9-9a32-caf4-08b1-66bc02c47da1|2015 08 21 12:25:10:657|+0200|Error| |>>| | |MsiExec| 1148|3820|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\languagemgr.cpp:90). (false : Exception list language property files under directory C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Languages, reason:File not found).

COLUMNS:Location|Guid|Time|Tzone|Trace|Log|Importance|Severity|Exception|DeviceName|ProcessID|ThreadID|ThreadName|ScopeTag|MajorTick|MinorTick|MajorDepth|MinorDepth|RootName|RootID|CallerName|CallerID|CalleeName|CalleeID|ActionID|DSRRootContextID|DSRTransaction|DSRConnection|DSRCounter|User|ArchitectComponent|DeveloperComponent|Administrator|Unit|CSNComponent|Text

HEADER_END

.\languagemgr.cpp:53:-: TraceLog message 1

|f86e51cf-d718-f854-0abc-b1f74da22f83|2015 08 21 12:24:15:964|+0200|Error| |>>| | |MsiExec| 2504| 948|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\languagemgr.cpp:53). (false : LanguagePackInfo regkey LanguagePackInfoDir not exist or with an empty value).

HEADER_END

.\languagemgr.cpp:53:-: TraceLog message 1

|c2912e62-5f3f-7154-2a22-ff5108fb45c0|2015 08 21 12:24:40:221|+0200|Error| |>>| | |MsiExec| 2700|2672|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\languagemgr.cpp:53). (false : LanguagePackInfo regkey LanguagePackInfoDir not exist or with an empty value).

This may be the reason why the Viewer displays in english. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Regards

Adrian

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

That may be it... download an earlier SP and see if it works...

It could be something is corrupted with the language pack on the OS also.

What version of Windows are you having this problem on?

I don't recall if you have an option to select languages on install, I think it installs them all but have a look to see if German is selected.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thank you for your help.

• I tried SP09 -> Same errors in the log file and the viewer remains in english
  • I created a new and empty Virtual Maschine with Windows 7 Pro 64bit (in German) and installed the Client Tools -> Same errors in the log file and the viewer remains in english
  • There is an option to select the languages that are installed:

Any other idea?

Regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Sorry I ran out of time. I did manage to get a vm running though.

Try setting the OS to English and then install. I'll do the same...

And I'll ping the Install team to see if they are aware of any issues...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I made a DIFF between ClientTools installation without .NET SDK and with .NET SDK.

I found out that with the SDK there is a dll registered in the GAC :

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.resources\14.0.3500.0_de_692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

So I tried following Steps:

• Installing a clean maschine
  • Install CLIENT TOOLS FOR SAP CRYSTAL SERVER 2011 SP11 WINDOWS 32B
    • Languages : English and German
    • Installed components: Business View Manager (under Client components)
  • A this Point the Viewer is still in english
  • Copying the dll from my Developper machine (C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.resources\14.0.3500.0_de_692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.resources.dll) on the client machine
  • Registering dll with gacutil (gacutil.exe /i "CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.resources.dll")
  • Now the Viewer display in German.

I think that there is a problem with the Setup of the Client Tools.

Let me know if you find out any "cleaner" way to solve the problem.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Adrian

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Nice detective work.... I talked to the Deploy team and they have not heard of this being reported by anyone so one more quick test. If you install just the German language and not English does that work?

Since you are using BOE can you log a case in Service Market Place ( https://support.sap.com ) and select BI-BIP-DEP for the component.

And include the install logs showing the error with those dll's.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I can not disable the installation of German Language. I think that I have to install a English Version of Windows for that. I will try this out.

I will log the case in the Service market place after that.

The strange thing is that no language resourse is registered in GAC. Neither the CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll that is needed to display the viewer (I have to copy it beside the exe of my application to get it working). In older Version of Crystal (dll version 12) that was the case.

Regards

Adrian

former_member207665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

To get the .NET SDK Runtimes from a "CLIENT TOOLS FOR SAP CRYSTAL SERVER 2011 WINDOWS 32B" you need to install the Developer Components from the installation. This will get you the Crystal Reports viewer.

You would get a check box for Developer Components when you install the Client tools.

There are only 2 types of installation available on Service Market Place:

1. SBOP BI PLATFORM .NET SDK RUNTIME 4.0 SP11 WINDOWS 32B/64B

2. SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.0 SP11 CLIENT TOOLS WINDOWS (32B) which is equivalent to CLIENT TOOLS FOR SAP CRYSTAL SERVER 2011 WINDOWS 32B

Regards,

Vinit

Answers (0)