cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Netweaver 7.3 to 7.31 (NW 7.3 EHP1) unicode system

0 Kudos

We need to upgrade Netweaver 7.3 to 7.31  ABAP application server,  we used solution manager MOPZ to calculate stack xml file and downloaded stack files.

During extraction phase in SUM(software update manager), it asked to mount the kernel DVD. Below the message we see on the screen:

Enter mount points for the DVDs required for the procedure

Enter at least the mount point containing Kernel DVD for OS NTAMD64 and Unicode

The requested data carrier is not mounted on any of the mount points you entered.

Please find the attached screen shot of the error,  so Please help to resolve the problem.

even though i have calculated stack.xml files it is asking for Kernel files. Please let me know for which kernel file i need to downlod.

Is it for NW 7.3 or do in Need to download kernel master DVD for NW 7.3 EHP1 installation?

It would be very helpful if you could provide the exact  media number and path of the files.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

Sai kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you tried using this kernel media?

51044253_4 - NW 7.31 Kernel, Inst.Master, Upgr.Master WIN x86 64Bit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team Basis,

You have to decide which Kernel you want (For Window which is your OS platform) at the below navigation:

Installations and Upgrades - S" SL TOOLSET" SL TOOLSET 1.0" Kernel for installation/SWPM"

However, recommended would be as below:

As your OS is NTAMD64 unicode so as of today (6th Jul'15) you have latest Material number corresponding to your requirement would be 51049439_4

Regards,

NK

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

would you please attach below files:

• stack.xml
  • MIDService.log
  • CDTRACE.trc

Best regards,
Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Please find attached files.

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

would you please mount all DVDs you downloaded including the kernel dvd with medium number 51042844? Does this resolve your issue?

Best regards,

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Could you please tell me media number you had provided 51042844 which kernel version it is.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai kiran

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

it is 721_EXT Kernel.

Cheers,
Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

We are getting below kernel for 721 EXT

Can you please provide the exact path for  51042844 kernel.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Kiran

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I used the search bar for this DVD. My search term was "721_ext kernel" or something like that. I didn't use a path through the SWDC.

Best regards,
Andreas

bhargav_bhatt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read SUM guide before upgrade.

when asked of DVD mount point please rerfer below.

NOTE:Usage of Spanning Archives

The media content may be delivered as spanning archives on SAP Service Marketplace. This means that the archives are split into several files to avoid a large data volume and provided on multiple data carriers. To use these files with the Software Update Manager, you extract the archive files that belong together into the provided subdirectories.

When the Software Update Manager requests the DVD mount points, you enter the subdirectories that contain the MID.XML file.

Procedure
1.Create a download directory. The directory can be located anywhere on your host.
2.Put all software packages and files required during the update into the download directory.

Regards

Bhargav Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team basis,

You need to provide the Kernel, JAVA software componenet and Upgrade export DVDs for the target version. You can download the same from service.sap.com/swdc go under installtion/upgrade.

Let us know if you need more inputs.

Regards,

Ram