cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM process without start object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My requirement is : create a process that everyone can execute (expenses)

I would like to skip the first screen where we select the employee because the employee is the already known (current user).

I use FPM and HR Renewal.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one for helping?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the ESS example and go from there. It is very easy and very possible. You DO have a start object, it is just that the employee launching the process will have their own PERNR sent/set. There are specific settings on the portal (and launchpad) side to pass specific parameters in the query that tell the HCM P&F application "hey, this is an employee initiated process". You will have to do the same (just copy from standard ones). Again VERY easy to do.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

please reuse any existing HCM process, like working time for example which is self initiated and doesnt require start object Selection of employee is done only in Hr admin or MSS for ESS based, you dont need any as explained above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, could you give me the role and instance (in LPD_CUST) to find the working time application

Right now I use this:

Because I need a process with a workflow behind.

And I don't use the portal.

Thanks

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check in ESS MENU, under personal information, like birth of a child. and you can check in HRASR_DT too, or hrasr_test_process http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/ba/2346abc3b74e519038e65b373d7fb0/content.htm?framese...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried the same parameter that the process you mentionned  but with my process.

It's not working.

Once again I don't use portal I use FPM as type of form.

What I want to know it's how can I skip the first page where I enter the pernr for who I work with and go directly to the process with the pernr of the connected user.

Thanks for your time and sorry if I don't understand your explaination.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where are you launching it from then? If not using the portal (ie. ESS) then where is the employee launching it from?

You also should read the help.sap.com docs about it to understand WHAT the parameters are and what to put in them.

Standard FPM Application Configurations in HCM P&F - HCM Processes and Forms - SAP Library

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

from where you are launching it? how do you pass the pernr etc? you can launch the same application from hrasr_test_process in WDA MODE and check

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Christopher: I launch with the NWBC with a a specific launcpad based on Launchpad Actions.

@Siddharth: I dont pass the pernr and if a test my process with the program hrasr_test_process, I need to enter the pernr first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but your first link it's what I have already done. (and for admin)

The second it's for the portal.

I have found this paramater in a SAP book but no explaination around it : PERNR_MEM_ID.

Is someone has already used it?

Many thanks

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PERNR_MEM_ID is an older parameter. It is/was used back when the application was a Java WebDynpro. It is how the employee's PERNR was "hand off" to the application by storing it in a memory ID and then then HCM P&F application would pick it up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there is no way to pass the logged-in user throught my process HCM ?

Did you already do such things without portal and using FPM?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all it's working now.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

how did you achieve it at the end?

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the application : ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE_OVP(CFG)

and with the parameter : role initiator = HRASRD.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks and good to know its solved 🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, every employee can initiate the process with out selecting the employee no.

In your process design assign the Role HRASRD for that process. So that every employee can initiate the process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I did what you said : put in the role HRASRD and process type : without start object.

Nothing change with my previous result : the personnal number is still empty