cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server Failed to Optimise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. i have come across this problem SQL server can not optimize the database..

What could be the problem? On side of that the hard drive is just full of out of no where. (3gb)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196865
Participant
0 Kudos

Did this happen after dimensions were processed?

If yes, incorrect data format might be the issue.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

can you please share the message of the optimize error? Search also in tbllogs for a detailed error and share it.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have the message at the moment, it has stopped. Where can i fond the tbllogs?

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter MKUMBO wrote:

I dont have the message at the moment, it has stopped.

what means your admin console is freezed? Are you able to execute aonther optimize? if so execute it and copy the image sharing the message.

Where can i fond the tbllogs?

in SSMS database-> appserver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Which optimization you are doing Full, Incremental, Lite?

Have you compressed your database using Compress Database while optimization.?

Most probably, your issue must be related to space.

Also, check for or dirty records in the fact tables. these records may be developed due script logic or any other reasons. You have data on parents member in data base.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Also take a look at below thread.

Hope this will help you.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why you continue to try to give solutions if you don't know the error?

you're right probably it's a problem related with space but we don't know the error message, so why you ask to check records in fact tables?

why you give this old link? even if it's "assumed answered" the user solved applying an old sap note of 7.0 version and sp 7 (old support package for this old version), I doubt this is the case.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Robert,

Yes you are correct that we don't know the error but topic author also not facing any error or it is not displayed so i though it was memory issue so i have given that link if he found relevant to him.

Also suggested that try to find out the issues related to fact table.Some times system gives wired message even error might be different and i have faced such kind error that why i have suggested to check if there are any dirty records.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for all we know the reason could also be a db log issue, a COM+ issue, maybe Send Governor or, a conflict with other packages and the link you give it's related whit a very particular case, so better wait for the error message.

Maybe when Peter found it on the log doesn't need more our help.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Yes you are correct. will wait for the Error message.

Sorry if you found my reply is irrelevant and rude.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't worry, I didn't find it rude, maybe because I don't know well english , just think if in the future one user with same error message (hoping he will share it to us) read and found tons of off-topic suggestions that waste his time ...