SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund Management document created at the time of Settlement

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our budget consumption process as below.

PR - Budget Consumet

PO - PR budget reversed and Transferred to PO

INVOICE - PO budget reversed and Transferred to Invoice.

This is fine. Problem is after this WBS settlement is done. Now after settlement Budget on Invoice is reversed and budget consumption account is 0 so overall no budget consumed.

How to stop this FM Wbs budget document creation.

Please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it settlement in CO? In this case, there would be no FI document and FM will be impacted only if you integrated CO with FM. Is it integrated on purpose?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zunaid,

If you do not want the settlement to post to FM you can derive a commitment item with Financial Transaction = 50 for the settlement cost element.

Thanks

Shyam

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it settlement in CO? In this case, there would be no FI document and FM will be impacted only if you integrated CO with FM. Is it integrated on purpose?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

This settlement is in WBS. My doubt is at time of settlement why it is creating FM entries. I have never seen such kind of posting. We have one derivation rule for WBS --> WBS.

Please guide.

Zunaid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Settlement creates CO document, which might have an impact on FM if you have integrated FM with CO. You should post screenshot from FMIFIIT table for these activities, so I'll be bale to see what happened exactly.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Please find attached screenshot for your reference.

Regards

Zunaid

0 Kudos

Zunaid,

What is the purpose of the settlement. What object are you settling too?

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

We are settling to Fixed Asset

Regards

Zunaid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, it's not WBS-to-WBS settlement, as you said. This type of settlement creates FI document and it's normal that you have FM impact. If you want to avoid it, you have to build a derivation rule in FMERIVE, deriving dummy commitment item in case of settlement. You can base it either on the document type or business transaction. You can also use credit/debit indicator as additional parameter if required.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Can we use business transaction like CJ88 etc. will it have any negative impact?

REgards

Zunaid

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

i also did not found any business transaction in document.

Regards

Zunaid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business transaction is not SAP transaction. Set a trace in FMDERIVE before settlement, it will show pop-up window will all the incoming values, including business transaction.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Will check and get back to you.

Regards

Zunaid

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Mistakenly attached wrong screenshot.

here is correct one.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, looks OK, but it all depends on your business scenario. With this rule both credit AND debit side of settlement document will go to this commitment item. Maybe, you should do it only for 'credit' part, while debit should consume the 'real' FM line. Also, make sure to set 'overwrite' option in the rule, as commitment item should be forced in this case.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

But if i use only credit , then in case of settlement is reversed will it have any impact.

Regards

zunaid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's up to you to see... I gave credit/debit indicator just as an example. You can combine it with WBS or some other parameter. I guess, the issue is clarified.

Regards,

Eli