cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit a program in Characteristic Relationship Exit Derive Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a requirement a bit complicated and my solution is not working as i expect. Maybe someone here had a similar issue or requirement, i want to hear some new ideas.

My Requirement :

- In my data model, an infoobject has to be filled with Characteristic Relationship exit.

- When it is filled, i also need to populate attributes of this infoobject and do an attribute change run.

Problem :

- I can not add attribute population and attribute changerun code to derive method, because it is taking long time, and i don t want users to wait for it, as it is not crucial for data input, for crucial just for reporting.

My Solution :

- I created an ABAP Program which populates attributes for newly created object value and runs the attribute changerun, and i call this program as "Submit program via Job and return", so in saving process i will just launch a new job which will run the program, but it will not take time for user.

However, saving is not getting completed until the submitted program ends.

I got an ABAP Expert check my code and logic and it seems to be fine. I suppose there is something wrong in placing my code maybe.

I would like to hear your comments and recommendations.

Thanks all in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which part of the program takes most of the time? Update of the attributes or ATR ?

If ATR, you can devide it to 2.

First program (the fast part) will update attributes only and, let's say, raise an event.

Second program (actually it can be a process chain with ATR step), scheduled by this event, will run ATR.

BR,