cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI R2 (11.5) is not working in Classic ASP application in Windows 2012 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have Classic ASP application currently running in Windows 2003 server and Crytal Reports XI (11.0) . Now the server is getting upgrade to Windows 2012 and Crystal Report X1 R2 (11.5) is installed in server. The report is now working in ASP application.

The current environment is

Windows Server 2012

SQL Server 2012

Classic ASP & Crystal Report 11.5

Please hep on this issue,

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Windows 2012 is not supported by CR XI R2 (11.5.x). See this blog for possible solutions:

Please note that CR XI R2 has been out of support for a number of years, so no fixes.

The Report Designer Component SDK (used in your ASP app), has been retired in CR XI R2.

Recommendation:

Update your app to use the latest version of Crystal Reports and either the CR SDK for .NET or Java.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this information Ludek.

If we use Crystal Reports 2008 in Windows 2012, still Can we use the reports through Classic ASP application?

Regards

Karthik

0 Kudos

No, The RDC was deprecated as of CR XI R2.

Only option is to move to VS 2010 or above and use ASP.NET to be supported on that OS or don't update the OS.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Don.

Ludek & Don,

I need your suggestion here. I need to use the same RPT files which are alredy created using Crystal 11.

If I create a  .net web application using Visual Studio 2010(.Net framework 4.0), and the application runs on Windows 2012 (64 bit) server, which crystal report version needs to be installed in AppServer.

I read in this page Crystal Reports 2008 is not supported for 64 bit.

Please suggest.

Thanks for your replies.

regards

Karthik

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Posting this as a new Discussion may have been a better idea (just to satisfy the )

But anyhow. It is really not that important what version the report was created in. The important thing is that if you will be using VS 2010, you must use 'SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET" (VS 2010). This is the only version of the CR SDK supported in VS 2010 and later. CRVS is 32bit and 64 bit so no problems there. The download links for CRVS are here"

To integrate CRVS into VS, download and run the Install exe. To deploy the CR runtime, use the MSI, MSM or ClickOnce.

And yes, CR 2008 was only 32 bit and it is not supported in VS 2010 and later.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your information Ludek !!!

Answers (0)