cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCUI Has anyone used HTML viewer to call a custom BSP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If so, can you give me the config info?

Thanks!

Brant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brant,

The steps you have followed are correct. However please check the following.

1) You are assigning the HTML viewer to the ODC.

2) The structure you have created has OBJECT_KEY and URL (type string) / HTML_TAB (type CRMT_BSP_HTML_TAB)

3) You should implement the READ method of your MAC that you have mapped to your structure. In the read method you should assign values to OBJECT_KEY and either URL or HTML_TAB. If you just want to launch BSP application, you can assign the url of the application to the URL field of the et_screen_structure.

4) In the Application Layout entry for the tab (for html screen), assign the screen element type HTML (not Form Preview - html will work fine) and a dummy field group.

5) the dummy field group should be mapped to the new structure you created.

There is nothing more that you have to do for displaying html in PCUI. I have done this in many projects and they work fine.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep;

Is it possible for you to email some screen shots of a config (events, appl layout, toolbar structure, etc)that works.

I know I'm close but just can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks;

Brant

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As none CRM expert I can not help with the technology aspects. However, I do see this thread/question appearing again. My past experience has shown that these are the things that should be blogged, to show other people the route to success. With a weblog one can use pictures, source code, etc.

If anyone should feel like writing a page or three on this topic, I am willing to help with proofreading (EN third language:), and help with the complete process of getting it published. I also have a short weblog on this topic: <a href="/people/brian.mckellar/blog/2004/09/24/the-1-2-3-steps-to-producing-a-weblog 1-2-3 Steps To Producing a Weblog</a>.

brian

PS: If anyone should write, give me advanced warning that I also request the setup of a separate CRM topic to gather the weblogs.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

we have used a HTML viewer to call an R/3 Transaction in our CRM System. I try to write the Weblog now.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor;

I'm interested in using the PCUI HTML controller (as opposed to the SAP HTML Viewer for SAPgui) to display the web pages. If that's the blog you're developing great!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Brant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregt, please do I am writing a generic one on PC-UI usage. Really looking forward to your entry, Tiest.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Together,

just posted a screenshot of our HTML Viewer calling a R/3 Transaction:

/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2005/05/12/use-crm-pcui-html-viewer-to-call-a-custom-url-teaser

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Together,

as I promissed before my vacation now my Weblog:

Use CRM PCUI HTML viewer to call a custom URL

is online at:

/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2005/05/27/use-crm-pcui-html-viewer-to-call-a-custom-url

Hope that it is usefull for you all.

Regards

Gregor

vijayakm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Can you update thread

with theWeblog Title you are willing to submit.

regards,

Vijaya Kumar M.

PaulW
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

as an addition to Gregors excellent Blog, if you want to call a BSP instead of an ITS transaction you can use the following code to generate the url.

CALL METHOD CL_BSP_RUNTIME=>IF_BSP_RUNTIME~CONSTRUCT_BSP_URL

EXPORTING

IN_APPLICATION = 'z_my_custom_bsp'

IN_PAGE = 'default.htm'

IMPORTING

OUT_ABS_URL = ls_screen_structure-url .

Regards, Paul

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I hope everything is correct in the Blog.

Regards

Gregor

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am finally closing this thread!

The intent of this thread was to call a BSP from a button in PCUI.

A combination of Gregor Wolf's weblog to call an ITS transaction from a tab ( /people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2005/05/27/use-crm-pcui-html-viewer-to-call-a-custom-url ) and Paul Walmsleys comment in this thread worked for me for a tab. This should help me get the button working also.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

Brant

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brant,

if you rearly want to close this thread, you should assign someone 10 Points to mark the question as solved.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Gregor. I did try yesterday but got the error message below. Since then Vijaya awarded the points for me. Thanks again for the weblog

Brant

From: Brant_T_Berg@whirlpool.com [mailto:Brant_T_Berg@whirlpool.com]

Sent: Wednesday, 01 June 2005 7:46 PM

To: Kumar, Vijaya

Subject: Trying to reward points but message is locked

Hi Vijaya;

I'm trying to reward points for this thread but I get error "Message is locked for rewarding."

I'd like to give Gregor Wolf 10, Paul Walmsley 6, and Pradeep Ramachandran 2.

Can you help with that or unlock it so I can reward points

Brant Berg

Whirlpool IT Global Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brant,

I was unable to call a BSP or URL into a new window by using a button on Toolbar.

Were you able to do that?

Thanks,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I re-opened this thread because it still has not been resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brant, good call, I am looking into this issue as well. Nothing really intelligent to say on this thread for now. Kind regards, Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsh;

A weblog on this would be great. I'm sure alot of developers would be interested in this.

Thanks;

Brant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brant,

You did the perfect steps.

Instead of using element type = 'HTML', use 'Form Preview'

in Application layout for your event. This would work.

This works fine. I have recently finsihed the development for it.

If you still find issue in it, than please let me know.

If required I can write a detailed weblog on integrating Custom BSPs in PCUI. The whole thing requires both IMG Customizing and development.

Thanks

Harsh

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Harsh,

<i>If required I can write a detailed weblog on integrating Custom BSPs in PCUI. The whole thing requires both IMG Customizing and development.</i>

I suspect that there are many people that are going to sing your praise everyday for the next if you write. Your will definitely be the first weblog on this topic. The extra points will be assigned!

Go for it!

bye, brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsh, I am looking forward to read such a Web Log. Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian is correct. I'm trying to use the HTML Viewer controller within PCUI not SAPGUI.

I've created my own screen structure for the controller ZNV_HTML_CONTROLLER with fields: URL type string, HTML_TABLE type CRMT_BSP_HTML_TAB, and HEIGHT type string

The MAC I'm working with is CL_BSP_ACC_ACCMOD so I have a ZCL_BSP_ACC_ACCMOD version of it for some other customizations.

I created a dummy field group Z_URL_DUMMY_FLD_GRP

In Application layout for my event I have the screen element type = 'HTML', field group = Z_URL_DUMMY_FLD_GRP (which associates to structure name ZNV_HTML_CONTROLLER)

The HTML contoller still does not seem to be called.

Thanks;

Brant

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question one must understand in the context it was asked: CRM-PCUI. Inside this framework there is a controller called HtmlViewer that allows foreign application to be tied into CRM PCUI. This has nothing to do with SAPGUI HtmlViewer.

No, I have no experience with this controller. Maybe you can describe your problem in detail, and someone can then see if they can help.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Assuming I understand you correctly - yes. Have a look at the following weblog and see if it helps out any.

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/08/26/updated-calling-a-bsp-application-from-a-sapgui-transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree here with Thomas, based on this weblog a BSP can be viewed in the HTML viewer. No PC-UI is applicable here until you give more info. Tiest.