cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Router between 2 servers with same SID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a problem in client because the client would like create transport router between 2 servers with same SID...

Today, they are configured with virtual system and after release req there is process to copy cofiles and data files to other server...

Ex: XYZ and XYZ

Is it possible configure STMS with same SID ?

regards for all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Short answer -- probably not. This situation is not supposed to occur in a single landscape; SIDs are supposed to be unique. You will have other issues besides transports by using the same SID for multiple systems, too. You won't be able to manage both systems in a single Solution Manager, for instance. You also will have licensing issues, and issues with remote support. I think your client should be looking at a system rename project to correct this situation.

So, probably they will need to keep doing things the way they are now, with some external mechanism for copying files over, etc.

However, if there is a way, the experts at will be the ones to know. But, my guess is they'll tell you the same thing as me, which is even if there is a workaround, it would be far safer to rename one of the systems.

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SID as the name says is an identification of a system in a landscape and it should be unique in that landscape with its instance number. Now if you keep the SID same, think you places where SID is the only way to identify your SAP system..... So as Matt suggested, look for other options like rename or having a new SID system.

Regards,