Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the major differences between SAP EHSM 3.0,4.0 & 5.0

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could you please help me on this topic major differences between the EHSM 3.0,4.0 & 5.0 portals what are the major add-ons.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain a bit more about the reason for your question? The component extension for SAP EHS Management releases have each added substantial new solution, so it would be difficult here to describe it all. The best source is the official documentation and the EKT (Early Knowledge Transfer) virtual training. Are you just starting an implementation or are you considering an upgrade from 1.0 or 2.0? In either case, you should always try to go with the latest release (6.0 was just released to customers on June 15, 2015).

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mary for your reply,

Currently I'm working on component extension 5.0 so I want to know the what are the major add ons from 3.0 , as I was observed there was not much changes from 3.0 to 5.0,

From 3.0 to 5.0 IM & RA,PS steward ship & EC, except some add ons ,

So can you please share me the link of virtual training if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find what you need at http://help.sap.com/ehs-comp

Scroll down to additional information and you will find a link to the new Learning Hub and the older Learning Map (It is being transitioned from one system to another.)

For each release, there is an overview of what is new. Particularly for the risk assessment application, there have been a lot of additional processes added between 3.0 and 5.0, particularly for chemcial health and safety (vendor safety data sheets, hazard communication, etc.) as well as substantial enhancements for industrial hygiene monitoring (planning a campaign, etc.) And in 6.0, the new environment management application is now added.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mary

any kind of idea at which point in time version  6.0 is released for all customers (I bleive still in ramp up)? I would expect may be july/august this year.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RTC was June 15, 2015 and we typically expect about 6 months before we meet the KPIs to go to Generally Available (GA). However, we are well on track and expect that it might be earlier - say about October. Also, the ramp-up process is easy to join now. It was simplified somewhat versus the past, so if you remember having to have a ramp-up coach, that is no longer required. As I understand it, officially joining ramp-up is not actually required, although filling out the ramp-up nomination form will help you to ensure that you have the required minimum landscape, and you get priority on tickets, so it really is the way to go. So if anyone out there is ready to start a project on 6.0, please do look into ramp-up so as not to delay your project.http://service.sap.com/sap/support/rampup/ons/default.htm?ons_version=2&ons_hotlink_id=FFF9018B9877A...

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mary

thanks. The date you have mentioned was as well shared in different thread. As any year SAP did deliver a new version. So the SAP strategy seems to work fine. In a number of other threads I have seen discussion about "mid/long term" startegy; the feedback of SAP was a little bit limited there.

#

As you know: because of hisroty reasons we have still some solutions in place there SAP is not going on to enhance them any more. Examples are according to my knowledge "SAP Product and Reach compliance Suite" and the "Environmental compliance Suite" as well as "Emission Management)

Some of the "old" solution are currently of high interest in many industries (not only chemistry( as the topic of "sustainability" is one "driver" to stay on the market. BUt it is not worth to invest; as no investment is planned on SAP side => so how to go on if you need a solution ....

Any clue about a "road map" here?

C.B .

Former Member
0 Kudos

In EHSM 6.0, which was just released, we have the new Environment Management application. This is the successor to Environmental Compliance 3.0. So, while we are not going to enhance EC 3.0, we have not abandoned this topic. We have developed a new solution. Your next question might be, why a new solution? There are many reasons, both technical and non-technical. Let me list just a few here:

• New application is ABAP WD versus old solution was JAVA. It uses standard SAP workflow, etc. and now it is on the right platform to benefit from new things like Fiori, CDS Views, etc.
  • Environment management is now aligned with Incident Management and Risk Assessment with shared structures for locations, chemicals, and tasks, a common look and feel, etc.
  • ECC platform maturity versus JAVA - transport system, development workbench, LSMW tools, etc. No need for experts in a different programming language. Etc.

I can't comment on the SAP Product and REACH Compliance Suite because this is not my area of expertise.