cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tile Layout - Unable to personalize the tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We had created a viewset for our application where first two views are Search and Result view and the third view is an Overview page in Tile Layout. The latter view is hidden until we select a row in the result view.

The three tabs are working as expected and navigation between them is fine. However, the master Personalization button (Highlighted in pic) doesn't give us the option to personalize the tabs (i.e. to select which tabs to be displayed and which to not be displayed). If instead of a Tile layout, if the Overview page was a normal one, we would be able to select the assignment blocks and the order in which they need to be displayed. We want same functionality in Tile Layout.

Please let me know if such personalization is allowed in Tile Layout and if yes, how do I implement it.

Thanks,

Nisha Verghese

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

I think you won't face the same issue if you navigate to the overview page (as standalone) instead of displaying it inside a view area of a viewset... which is breaking SAP standard WebUI guidelines:

So if you really need the detail view to be displayed below search & result view, you'll probably need to make it a whole overview page with three lines to enable personalization:

- First line = Search assignment block

- Second line = Result assignment block

- Third line = General / Notes / Partner assignment blocks

Regards,

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicholas,

That makes a lot of sense. We had made it as a viewset since we needed the URL from the HTML for portal integration. Overview pages use the standard HTML and so were not available in the component workbench and so we went for View Sets.

Anyways thanks for your suggestion. I shall try that and see if it works.

Regards,

Nisha

Answers (0)