Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create billing Message no. VF171

former_member556811
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I have defined sales document type ZOR from standard type OR. And create a billing document type YF2 from standard type F2. All document use standard item category TAN.

i created sales order, delivery and post good issue, I cannot create invoice due to this message error.

Document 3000000009 does not contain any items with open quantities

Message no. VF171

Diagnosis

Document 3000000009 contains no items that can be transferred into a billing document.

System Response

The system rejects any subsequent processing.

Procedure

Check the chosen sales and distribution document.

I checked my configuration and observed that item category TAN is missed on item level of billing document (YF2)

IMG Sales and Distribution / Billing / Billing Documents / Maintain Copying Control For Billing Documents/Copying Control: Sales document to billing document.

Please need your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

KaushikB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi , i know this is a really late reply but i had the same error today show up in a clients Development system and racked my brains over it, We couldn't contact anyone from their side because they were all busy in meetings. Our team finally found that the object status had to be changed to release in the Sales Order. 

Try VA02 --> Header Details --> Status Tab --> Object Status and see if there is any option to release

Regards,

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Hi

When the sales order / delivery is created the field VBAP/LIPS-FKREL is determined form the existing customising. If it was incorrect as outlined above changing the customising will correct new flows you create but it will not help existing documents. The  VBAP/LIPS-FKREL entry is the key to the follow on processes like status determination (VBUK/VBUP fields) and the generation of the billing index table.

If you had an incorrect setting for the billing relevance in TVAP as suggested above, once you have corrected it you should be able to subsequently correct existing incorrect flows as follows:

1) ZLFFKREL to correct the relevance for billing in a delivery after a
customising change   > note 319866

2) RVDELSTA to set the statuses of the delivery according to the new
item category relevance

3) RVV05IVB to remove/rectify VKDFS

Hope this helps
Kind regards
Brian

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per your post, since it is delivery related billing, you need to check in VTFL whether TAN is assigned for the combination of your delivery type and billing type.  If not, you have to maintain that and retest the sales process.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member556811
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

As you ask item category is assigned for the combination of my delivery and billing type.

Regards,

Raoul

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear-Go into the details of this VTFL...

Is there any change of Billing relevance field at VOV7 other than standard for TAN..

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raoul,

In VF01, give the delivery no. (instead of the order no.) and should work.

TW

former_member556811
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

For item category TAN, billing relevance is "B". I think it is ok

Regards,

Raoul

former_member556811
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I tried to create billing by giving delivery no but the problem remain.

Regards,

Raoul

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raoul,

In TAN, it should be A delivery related billing. Have you guys being changing configuration settings in standard SAP objects?

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raoul,

Change TAN, billing relevance to A delivery relevant billing.

Then create a new sales order and complete the entire cycle.

TW

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is B then Order relevant billing --Then you should give your sales order number in VF01..

(Normally it is A  for TAN)

former_member556811
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have not changed anything in the standard configuration of SAP, I am really surprised why it does not work.

Regards,

Raoul.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is no change in standard settings- as mentioned earlier -you should also check your VTFL copying Requirements & routines..

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

Did you tried maintaining the same and tested in test environment? If setting is missing that means your development and quality environment have same settings. Try to replicate the same and change the setting in development environment. Thereafter see the results. If still doesn't work then share your observation accordingly.

Regards

Rahul

former_member556811
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

We are in test environment.

Regards.

Raoul

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos