cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DbServerType = 0 when trying to use dst_MSSQL2014

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm working on a windows service that connects to SAP via DI API using SAPBobsCOM.

To connect to the company, I load all the parameters in the normal way. Here's a part of the code:

oCompany = New SAPbobsCOM.Company

'Set settings

oCompany.Server = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("DatabaseServerName")

oCompany.DbServerType = SAPbobsCOM.BoDataServerTypes.dst_MSSQL2014

I'm having a problem on just one machine, where when I run the service I'm getting the error "(-125) no database server type specified". If I print oCompany.DbServerType then I get as result a zero ( 0 ) .

This is not related at all with having or not SQL 2014 installed, as I already tested this on a machine runnnig SQL 2008 and I can see dst_MSSQL2014 even if it does not connect. It has to be related to that particular machine since on another machine of the same network the service runs OK. Maybe something important to mention is that this machine did not have anything related to SAP until I installed the DI API yesterday.

I compiled using SAPBobsCOM version 9.10.150, this machine has on its machine a version 9.10.105.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio

When working in SCN, always check the Overview to see what the Space you are in "supports". In this case:

Based on the above, I think you posted your query in the wrong Space(?). To find the correct Space, please see the

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek, I reposted it on another section:

Answers (0)