cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with BP search in WEB UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to the web ui development and I am encountering a issue with the BP Search in CRM.

When I search, for below info, using the three roles I get 584 results.

If I look for the same criteria with only one role at a time I get a lot more results.

The only enhancement that has been done is for the product category and the distribution channel in BADI_CRM_BUPA_IL_SEARCH_EXT.
Can you tell me where should I look for any condition regarding the roles?

Thank you and appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Elena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

As Dharmakasi mentioned in above comment,

Put a break point in  class CL_CRM_BUIL->get_dynamic_query_result emthod.In this method, GET_RESULT_TABLE_CHECKED is getting called which is retriving the  result based on search parameters.just debug this method you will get an idea how it is giving different result based on different parameters.

Regards,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I did put a break point there and analyzed the behaviour.

The thing is I was already looking at the CL_BUPA_IL_HEADER_SEARCH->SEARCH_ROLE method where this filtering is being done and I couldn't figure out what goes wrong.

After several tests I could notice that only when adding BUP002 role to the search criteria I get less results-  therefor faulty ones.

Could it be that perhaps any configuration is missing or some settings for this role are wrong?
Has anyone encountered similar situations?

Thank you and appreciate your help.

Best,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought the same thing but I couldn't identify where that filtering is being done.

Does the standard functionality do this filtering?
Normally I should get all the results with all those BP types.

Regards,

Elena

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

You can try keeping break point in class cl_crm_buil method get_dynamic_query_result  method and execute the steps so that you will understand the search functionality in a better way.

Best Regards,

Dharmakasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena

I think your first query is looking where the Business Partners have all 3 Roles, hence you get the lower volume count.

When you remove the 2 other Roles, the result is only those Business Partners with that single Role.

Regards

Arden