cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS BAPIs check-in / checkout support in JCo3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were able to check-in / checkout documents from ECC using  JCO2.x but after up gradation to JCo3.x it is not working. We are using DMS BAPIs like BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN_REPLACE2 for document management in ECC 6  .  I searched forum but couldn't found answer.

Some one suggested to use  use_sapgui parameter but that requires GUI installed at the client side.

If anybody is having any information on following then please let me know:

1. Are DMS BAPIs, which need document check-in / checkout, supported in JCo3.x ? If yes How ?
  2. Is there any replacement of parameter jco.middleware.allow_start_of_programs in JCo3.x ?

We are using JCo 3.0.12 .

Thanks in advance.

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Don't know but come across something, please have a look if it make any sense for you.

http://www.wikiguga.com/topic/2eef73370a6d03ba1a88f4b63e07e906

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Yes we already followed the approach provided in the link that you shared.  however that approach requires file to be on SAP mounted drive. 

I tried setting up a destination in BAPIBAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN_REPLACE2 but it seems only destinations of type TCP/IP with activation type "start on Front-end work station" and "start on Application server" works fine.  And both of them have shortcomings. Like Front end work station necessitates SAP GUI installation at JCo client and Application server requires mounting of files to SAP because local path is not recognized by it ( Open dataset  ) is used .

We are going ahead with mounting of files unless something else comes our way.  This is answer to my first question of support of DMS BAPIs by JCo 3.x

For second question - Is there any replacement of parameter jco.middleware.allow_start_of_programs in JCo3.x ? The answer that I got is No.  There is no replacement of this parameter because it was a security risk.

Regards.

Prashant

Answers (0)