Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas through the SAP GUI for Windows

jaco_louw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Day Experts

When I render SAP Screen Personas personalization through the SAP GUI for Windows (SAP Screen Personas 3.0 and SAP GUI 7.40), it only renders partially e.g. the background picture will show, but none of the customer buttons.

Is there some additional configuration that needs to happen? -  the personas are working fine in the HTML GUI

Many thanks

Jaco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which patch level of SAPgui are you running? Personas support in the Windows GUI is lagging a little behind that in webgui, but the most recent patch - pl3 - I would expect to do a better job that. It still isn't great, actually, and I'm waiting for pl4 before considering going live with WindowsGUI flavours. Pl4 is due in October I think.

Steve.

jaco_louw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Morning Steve,

Thanks you for the response.

It was the PL. We upgraded to Patch Level 3 and it now renders correctly.

It is still buggy though, so i guess we will have to wait for PL4.

Many thanks

Jaco

shirley_te
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jaco/Steve,

I was searching for some guidelines on Screen Personas 3 being rendered in SAP GUI for Windows and saw this.  I just wanted to know if there is any particular set up I need to do.  I have created flavors and made them defaults for a test user and they are working fine in WebGui(HTML) - i.e., once the I login using the test ID, the flavor is rendered automatically. 

I have  upgraded my SAP GUI for Windows from 7.30 to 7.40 Patch Level 4 and I have personas 3.0 SP1.  However, using the same test ID and logging to SAP GUI Windows, I don't get the flavor.  What I get is the original SAP Easy Access menu screen.  Even if I try to launch the flavor via /personas/launch, it still does not render the flavors created.  I don't have NWBC installed. You were able o render the flavor in SAP GUI windows as described by you above and I would assume it is not he NWBC but rather the SAP GUI windows.  Would you be kind enough to let me know if there is anything else I need to set up in order for the flavors created to render in SAP GUI for Windows as well.  I understand there are still limitations in SAP GUI for windows but I would expect that at least the flavors would render rather than me seeing the original SAP Easy Access menu screen or the original tcode screens.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you should see is a personas "P" at the left end of the top menu bar, like this:

That's where you pull down the flavour bar. You'll only see it if there are accessible flavours for the transaction you are in, and if you have the right authorisation, but you know that's OK since it works in webGUI. I've not yet come across a situation where it works in webGUI but not in WindowsGUI, except when the WindowsGUI was the wrong version, which again isn't the case for you.

In the bottom right of the WindowsGUI screen, at the end of the status bar, there's also a Personas P:

This one I believe indicates whether or not Personas is installed in your system, and should show regardless of access or available flavours. Hover the mouse over it and it says "SAP Screen Personas is available". If you don't see this then I'm puzzled - I've not see that happen before. I'm inclined to suggest creating an OSS incident to ask about it.

Steve.

shirley_te
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response.  It seems that Personas 3.0 rendering only works in GUI for Windows under 3 themes (in the SAP Logon).  These are Blue Crystal Theme, Corbu Theme and SAP Signature Theme.  It does not seem to work for the rest of the themes in the list based on my test with each of the test having to close the SAP Logon for the theme to take effect.

I would say that even with 740 PL4, flavor rendering still has a lot of limitations (certainly with scripts and also menu buttons) and buggy (even the fields you combined from different tabs in 1 tab that is properly rendered in Web GUI is not getting rendered in SAP GUI unless I click on the tab again (which is already displayed).  So it seems the SAP GUI version will have a long way to go before it matches up with the Web GUI version.

Kind regards,

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think "a long way to go" is fair comment. I would check back with each new patch level just to be sure, but I'm now not expecting to deploy Personas flavours to Windows GUI until 7.50.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use latest patch level of GUI 7.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

The latest patch (pl 5 at time of writing) is better, but still not perfect. You might get simple flavours working properly in it, but it isn't suitable for any of mine, yet. I'm hopeful for pl6 or pl7.

Steve.

shirley_te
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I actually logged several issues a while back with SAP regarding Screen Personas for SAP GUI and they have acknowledge them as issues.  They have even updated Note "2080071" to indicate that it only works on 3 themes that I mentioned to you here last Sept 14.  Here was the last response of SAP to my ticket after which I had to close and just wait for the latest patch level.  In their response they are saying Patch Level 6 but is not guaranteeing.

04.11.2015 - 08:54:55 EST - Reply by SAP     
Hello Shirley,
several issue you have reported in this message will probably became
part of SAP GUI 7.40 patch 6 (some issues with toolbar buttons
handling, the "Detailed" page should show the UI elements from the
other tabs, ...). Other issues we haven't start to analyze (element
order in toolbar, colors in toolbar, ...), but we will try to provide
a solution and integrate them in following patches of SAP GUI. But at
the moment we cannot say then they are planned to be looked for.
Thank you for sharing your finding during the beta phase of SAP Screen
Personas in SAP GUI for Windows.
Best regards,
Alexander Mezler
SAP GUI Development

Kind regards,

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SAP Screen Personas 3.0 and I updated my SAP GUI for Windows to 7.40 Patch Level 7. But our flavors created following SAP Fiori style guide are not displayed properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Full Personas support in the Windows GUI is not there yet, I'm afraid. I haven't seen a timetable for when it will be complete but I wouldn't make any plans just yet for productive use of Personas in the Windows GUI.

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please paste the screen,

Please check the default flavor, if the customized flavor is being selected or not.

jaco_louw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes, the flavor is the default.

Please see screens below

This Screenshot is from HTML GUI

and this one is from SAP GUI. Notice that only the background picture is reflecting.

Many thanks

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaco,

As per SAP

"screen modifications that Personas makes to Dynpro screens (rendered through the WebGUI), will not work with Web Dynpro".

Please refer the link.

I hope this clarifies your doubts.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaco,

Please consider Steve recommendation.

Regards

Anand