SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong payment done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am doing payment with FPY1, But my mistake I did wrong payment i had to select BP .....047 and i selected BP.......041 .

unfortunately both BP has same CR open amount , payment got credited to wrong BP.......041 by bank, could you please help us now what to do ?

SIm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

I think you are talking about the refund process, where in a wrong Open credit amount was picked up and refunded and Bank credited the same amount to the Customer Bank A/c.

Had the Bank not credited the amount to the customer Bank A/c, you could have just reverse the refund document in SAP and that would have sufficed.

However, in your scenario, since the amount has already been refunded, you have to post a miscllaneous debit of equivalent amount against the Contract account.

This will offset the wrong refund entry.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can post a Return on the wrong payment document, with no charges.

Simply provide the payment document number in transaction code FP09.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

thanks Ivor

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

I think you are talking about the refund process, where in a wrong Open credit amount was picked up and refunded and Bank credited the same amount to the Customer Bank A/c.

Had the Bank not credited the amount to the customer Bank A/c, you could have just reverse the refund document in SAP and that would have sufficed.

However, in your scenario, since the amount has already been refunded, you have to post a miscllaneous debit of equivalent amount against the Contract account.

This will offset the wrong refund entry.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan,