Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a issue with access profiles BPC MS 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this hierarchy in the cost center dimensión:     

Total Cost Center
P3000
   U003210
   U003800
P4000
   U004210
   U004800
UNO_Unidad

I have two security dimensión (Segment & Cost Center) and I need this access profile:

AccessDimension Component
R&WSementALL
R&WCost CenterU003800
R&WCost CenterUNO_Unidad
When I build a report I only see the records associated to the cost center "U003800" and should see also the associated "UNO_Unidad".
Please if anyone can help me with this problem, I do not know if I'm doing something wrong.  Thank.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

the security you defined for CostCenter seems good, are you sure you have only 2 secured dimensions? no entity, etc. ?

Verify that the acces profile are given only to your team and not a mix with user and team, check user and profile.

Regards

Roberto

4 REPLIES 4

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

the security you defined for CostCenter seems good, are you sure you have only 2 secured dimensions? no entity, etc. ?

Verify that the acces profile are given only to your team and not a mix with user and team, check user and profile.

Regards

Roberto

0 Kudos

Thank Roberto, I check and have only 2 secured dimension, I have only 1 acces profile given to one team.

I did the following test: change the order of the members of the cost center dimension in access profile

1 - Original access profile2 -test - access profile
AccessDimensionComponentAccessDimensionComponent
R&WSementALLR&WSementALL
R&WCost CenterU003800R&WCost CenterUNO_Unidad
R&WCost CenterUNO_UnidadR&WCost CenterU003800

Case 1 : I only see the records associated to the cost center "U003800" and all segment.

Case 2 : I only see the records associated to the cost center "UNO_Unidad" and all segment.

now I have a doubt and I ask the question:

In BPC MS 10, Can you  configure access to two separate components of a single dimension in a single access profile?

please if someone could confirm if this is possible,

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

try creating 3 different access profile, one for R&W Sement ALL one for R&W Cost Center U003800 and last one to R&W Cost Center UNO_Unidad and assign after all 3 access profile to your team and see if works correctly.

Otherwise the solution is to give R&W to Total Cost Center and denied all the unused cost center.

Regards

Roberto

0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto, it worked