Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the BusinessObjects Explorer 4.0

former_member204216
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to connect to SAP Business Objects Explorer:

Failed to Log on

Request timed out

I am using SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 3.

Its a production server and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwant,

We are having similar issues with BI v4.1 SP6, logged a support ticket with SAP.  No one was able to log into Explorer, logging into CMD and BI launchpad was fine. Solution we got from SAP was to restart server/services.

On our side, this issue with explorer is not consistent. So we don't know what's causing explorer to hang or time out?

Do you still have this issues? if not how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is mostly related to the explorer services. Monitor the services and check if they are in running state while you logging.

Thanks,

Imran

former_member204216
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Imran, Thanks for responding. I have checked and all the Explorer services are up and running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwant,

Please try below

1. Stop Tomcat.

1. Open file: <Install folder>\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\explorer\WEB-INF\classes\default.setting.properties

like C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\explorer\WEB-INF\classes\default.setting.properties

1. By default request.timeout=60, you can change the request timeout as you expect.

1. Start Tomcat.

Note that before you change the parameter, please backup this file. And the request.timeout parameter unit is second.

Regards,

Pranay