Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module FDT_CLEANUP_START

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need Your help as I wanted to test the Function Module FDT_CLEANUP_START as our system has been upgraded.

I looked at where used list of this function module and found out that it is being used from FDT_TRANS_PHASE_EXECUTION ,FDT_GENERATION_TOOL and FDT_DCONV_0005.

Have tested FDT_TRANS_PHASE_EXECUTION and FDT_GENERATION_TOOL and they are working fine but FDT_CLEANUP_START was not getting called as its getting bypassed.

I need your help in understanding what is the significance of report FDT_DCONV_0005 and FDT_DCONV_0025 so That i can run this report to test the function module and to see ifFunction Module FDT_CLEANUP_START is working fine or not.

Thanks In Anticipation.

Best Regards,

Ishani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The function module is run in async mode. That makes it more difficult to debug.

But why do you want to test it? It is entirely internal. may change anytime.

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten,

Thanks For your response.

We want to test that just to make sure everything is working fine . Our system has just got upgraded and its a test task created by Panaya wherein we have to test FDT_CLEANUP_START as some SAP Notes have been applied.

Thanks & Regards,

Ishani

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten,

Could You Please help me in understanding how I can ensure that the things are working fine. May be By testing the programs that call this FM .

Many Thanks,

Ishani

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a function with some rules.

Have the code generated and executed.

Change the rules.

See if new code gets generated or old code.

More, you should not take care for.

The function module also works as some kind of garbage collection. It may run and delete garbage any time. You do not have much influence on it.

E.g. you delete something logically (e.g. a constant). Later you release a transport. Often by the release the logically deleted constant is physically deleted. But you should not rely on this and you should not consider it a bug if not done. This is BRFplus internals. 

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Carsten

Answers (0)