Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lables have double colon after upgrading to 7.4

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We upgraded our portal from 7.01 to 7.4 SP7.

When we open our Web Dynpro Java projects in NWDS (7.31 SP12) all the labels of Web Dynpro have double colon so

'Label:' is showed as 'Label::'.

This happens in design time (NWDS) and also in runtime (in the browser).

How can we solve this issue? (changing properties in all labels of all projects is not an option since we have hundreds of views...)

Regards,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what patch level is your NWDS and your wd runtime (SCAs on the engine WD-RUNTIME and FRAMEWORK) ?

If you change the Label property "design" to "light" then can you see only 1 colon, right? I know you mentioned this is not an option to you, I just would like to know how many colon appears this case if you could do this test for one single label. Until that I look around what else I can find about this.

If I understand right, you have considered the rule in case of developing for 740:

"For NW server 7.40 SP<X> one has to use NWDS 7.31 SP<X+5> (note 1791485) "

-- I mention this only for future search if others are finding this thread --

Regards,

Ervin

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

NWDS version is 7.31 SP12 Patch 10.

WD-RUNTIME 1000.7.40.7.0.20140413181900

FRAMEWORK 1000.7.40.7.0.20140413181900

However, the problem is a little different:

In both 7.01 & 7.40:

Label text property has text with colon. for example: 'Omri:'

Label design property is emphasized.

In order to solve it, we can:

1) Change design to 'light'.

2) Change text and delete the colon.

How can we solve it for all views? (without changing each and every label properties)

Regards,

Omri

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

this note "#1904538 - Label to include DesignBar property" is addressing the issue.

On lower releases label UI elements did not have a colon so the developers provided them manually and then on higher the colon has been added.

So in such cases we would have double colons one added by your developers and one added by the framework itself.

If this is the case I am not sure there is a quick auto solution, but either the labels have to be set to a design which is not displaying the extra colon (added by the framework) or the label names have to be changed so that the developers are removing the extra colons (added by them).

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin,

I will look into it (I have a lot of WDJ projects with a lot of views).

I thought of editing the view XML files manually and change design property to a mass of files (from 'emphasized' to 'light') however it looks a bit risky.

Regards,

Omri

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I couldn't agree more.

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

The support gave me the same answer you did (-:

Usually I refer to SCN threads in my OSS messages and I'll remember it for next time.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Omri

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I saw the answer, and reading between the lines of that answer it seems my suspect was right, i.e. this case there is no automatism that'd help you to solve the problem in one go, but a manual work has to be done.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)